Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 11-18-2010, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

plan-it graphics.com

Bob will do you a great job. He has deals. He did my logo, business cards, and door hangers which all came out looking great. ....and I checked with many others before I hired him. He also has his own lawn care business and knows what works well for us guys.

Tell him that you want the Jay Davis special! just tell him....
Old 11-19-2010, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleankutlawnmaintenance View Post
Hey guys, been working on a new logo for my lawn maintenance company! Any tips, suggestions, etc? Any positive feedback or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
haha down here in daytona we got a company called klean cut. just kind of funny
Shindaiwa T230 Trimmer
STIHL stick edger
2009 AMP Gator Tail 5x10 Trailer with locking rack.
2009 Troy Built push mower (for gates)
2010 STIHL BR600
20ft tandem axle deckover

Proud to be American and strong in my beliefs
Old 11-19-2010, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

stay away from the second one, it is way too much green. The first one isnt bad but could use some help as well. I think the striping on the logo could probably goes as well. I feel like Im staring at one of those magic eye posters trying to find the phone number
Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

do your self a favor and spell Cut the right way, it makes you look like a beep beep when you spell it wrong.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 11-19-2010, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

People have jobs for a reason, pay them for it. Hire a company to design your logo. It's not something to play with in MS Paint besides perhaps providing a concept for them to start with. It's the face of your company. Books are judged by their cover....
Old 11-20-2010, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few more thoughts IMHO. Don't even play in MS paint to give them a concept. Having been in logo dev work it just screws things up as you box the designers into something. Provide info such as your biz strengths and focus then turn'em loose. Remember it is sometimes not what you like the best but what best represents you professionally in the marketplace.

I totally agree with THEGOLDPRO. The concept of one partner having a name with K and using it in "Kut" is cute but you are not a scrapbook store. It immediately takes your company down a notch. Plus, why have to explain it all the time? Not to mention and this may be impossible to even think of at this point but partnerships don't always work out! Then someone is left explaining that the K-man in "Kut" doesn't exist any longer.

One last thing on the name. Driving by a job site are people going to remember the name is Clean Kut with a K? Umm, probably not then they go home and look for Clean Cut on google. Clean Kut doesn't quite come up and pretty soon they are clicking on someone else.

I threw my logo up, it cost me $200.

Look, you can make it without even having a logo with hard work and doing a great job everytime. But, a good, strong company image is going to make things so much easier. This biz is hard enough, why make it harder? The logo is the cornerstone of developing a solid look. Don't cheap out.
Attached Images

Last edited by RodneyK; 11-20-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Add
Old 11-20-2010, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyK View Post
A few more thoughts IMHO. Don't even play in MS paint to give them a concept. Having been in logo dev work it just screws things up as you box the designers into something. Provide info such as your biz strengths and focus then turn'em loose. Remember it is sometimes not what you like the best but what best represents you professionally in the marketplace.

I totally agree with THEGOLDPRO. The concept of one partner having a name with K and using it in "Kut" is cute but you are not a scrapbook store. It immediately takes your company down a notch. Plus, why have to explain it all the time? Not to mention and this may be impossible to even think of at this point but partnerships don't always work out! Then someone is left explaining that the K-man in "Kut" doesn't exist any longer.

One last thing on the name. Driving by a job site are people going to remember the name is Clean Kut with a K? Umm, probably not then they go home and look for Clean Cut on google. Clean Kut doesn't quite come up and pretty soon they are clicking on someone else.

I threw my logo up, it cost me $200.

Look, you can make it without even having a logo with hard work and doing a great job everytime. But, a good, strong company image is going to make things so much easier. This biz is hard enough, why make it harder? The logo is the cornerstone of developing a solid look. Don't cheap out.
Now that looks nice!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If your just starting out, then the 200 bucks would be better spent on equipment, rather than Logo's. I like the first one, second is not bad either, just clean either one up, and use it. You will have time down the road to get your Logo tweaked by a pro, for money. You have a name, and if your happy, stick with it. Sometimes tough to remember how we all started, little cash big dreams. Spend you cash where it will do the most good for you, in the long run. ( PS - I have the lawn striping in my logo too, and love it )
Old 11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You don't need to spend $200 on a logo...I paid about $70 for mine. Look for online package deals if money is an issue.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts