Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-19-2010, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i dont consider it wasting money. I consider it an investment. I have gotten lots of things for free cause I bought something else and flipped it. Only downside is if you cant sell it. Seems like a decent truck so you may be able to sell it pretty quickly, maybe not for 12K
Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Lawn View Post
i dont consider it wasting money. I consider it an investment. I have gotten lots of things for free cause I bought something else and flipped it. Only downside is if you cant sell it. Seems like a decent truck so you may be able to sell it pretty quickly, maybe not for 12K
yeah we'll see i guess.

i got a list of truck dealers and i'm gona start there. its pretty low miles so someone i'm sure will be interested. its got only 41,000
Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would have a ramp built for it over the winter and repaint it. Also repair any mechanical issues and then put your logo on the side of the box. This would make a great truck to work out of and still get ok fuel mileage. After doing all the reapairs and getting the ramp and paint you should have less than $10K in it, much cheaper than a SuperLawnTruck. I would also look and see if there was a spacer between the frame and box that could be removed and a way to lower the rear suspension to get a better angle on the ramp. Like I said before I've seen a truck like this around here with a guy using it for his mowers. Its a low profile international with a open dove tail bed.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstarlawns View Post
I would have a ramp built for it over the winter and repaint it. Also repair any mechanical issues and then put your logo on the side of the box. This would make a great truck to work out of and still get ok fuel mileage. After doing all the reapairs and getting the ramp and paint you should have less than $10K in it, much cheaper than a SuperLawnTruck. I would also look and see if there was a spacer between the frame and box that could be removed and a way to lower the rear suspension to get a better angle on the ramp. Like I said before I've seen a truck like this around here with a guy using it for his mowers. Its a low profile international with a open dove tail bed.
yeah probably get 13-14 mpg's

and cheaper than my 20k truck and 5k enclosed trailer. and get better than 9mpg which is what i get pulling the trailer.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass disaster View Post
yeah probably get 13-14 mpg's

and cheaper than my 20k truck and 5k enclosed trailer. and get better than 9mpg which is what i get pulling the trailer.
If you baby it I would think around 10-12 mpg unless you checked it to find out that it does better. I drove a newer model interantional rental truck 1500 miles round trip with that engine and 4 speed auto. I averaged 65 mph and a GCVW of around 32,000 lbs (under 26K truck), I also didn't give it much of a break going up I-81 through VA and PA (lots of hills) and got around 7.5 mpg.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you think you will spend on painting and getting rid of the rust?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am thinking, the person who sold it to you already had it priced to sell.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
I am thinking, the person who sold it to you already had it priced to sell.
it was owned by the bank whom had no reserve on the item

as far as paint goes maybe $200.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i was told by someone that knows a lot about these trucks that i should start with the asking price of $12000. he said that is really low miles and should't have a problem starting at 12.

after that i learned from someone who used to drive this truck that it ran great and that it used to be a flat bed truck and still has the hydrollic lift hooked up to the box to you can raise the box. THATS WORTH SOMETHING!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

picked it up today.

good news is it started great runs and drives good.

it does have some cosmetic issues on the box. looks like some rust ate through a little on the front corners.

inside looked good, no leaks. front tires liked to be 80% backs about 40% glass was good. inside needs a good scrub job.

so we will see. i have some cleaning to do. maybe a little body work on the box.