Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2010, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Member

company logo

I have been in service for 6yrs now. I'm getting ready for next years advertisiments. my partner (wife) said that we need a company logo. All that I use is my Company name right now. Is a logo that important?? Does anyone know if this realy helps in advertising?? I dont know much about that stuff. I'm just trying to get to that next level.
My business is small (230 clients) but I hope to grow more next year. All i do is spray and i'm liscenced.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrx View Post
I have been in service for 6yrs now. I'm getting ready for next years advertisiments. my partner (wife) said that we need a company logo. All that I use is my Company name right now. Is a logo that important?? Does anyone know if this realy helps in advertising?? I dont know much about that stuff. I'm just trying to get to that next level.
My business is small (230 clients) but I hope to grow more next year. All i do is spray and i'm liscenced.
Logo is MEGA in my opinion!!!!

You want to come up with a good clean logo that people can remember and build BRAND recognition!

It is all about branding!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
Logo is MEGA in my opinion!!!!

You want to come up with a good clean logo that people can remember and build BRAND recognition!

It is all about branding!
I'll see his comment and raise you 10!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

yup, like others have said, company branding is very important and a logo is just a start. Think of any successful business in any industry and I bet dollars to doughnuts they have a logo, usually one etched in your mind. Think mcdonalds or shell oil, valley crest.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

230 clients and no logo yet!?

As others have stated a logo is EXTREMELY important.

Once you get one, put get it out there anyway you can. Invoices, proposals, memos, envelopes, trucks, shirts, business cards & all advertising
Old 11-24-2010, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

LOGO's don't mean jack. Your company does however. People aren't going to remember your LOGO when dialing the phone, so don't swet it.

That is why my company name is ###-LAWN.com and the ###-lawn is my number.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedge View Post
LOGO's don't mean jack. Your company does however. People aren't going to remember your LOGO when dialing the phone, so don't swet it.

I can't believe u just said that!
U r nuts if u really believe that!
Read any book on building a business and the co name and logo are at the top of the list
People will remember a Name not a phone number

I have a ###-LAWN phone number and website but no way wuld I go without a company logo
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

you do need a logo or word mark logo either way you go its very important to building your brand.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedge View Post

Wow, your crazy. Have you ever once read or studied business marketing???

The first thing you will learn is to get a nice, clean, easy to read logo.

I am a BIG believer that if a person sees your logo 3 times, they will never forget it.

It hurts me to say this.... but I agree with Rodney People will NOT remember your phone number. They will remember your company name, and an attractive logo will help them remember it so much easier!
Old 11-24-2010, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
I can't believe u just said that!
U r nuts if u really believe that!
Read any book on building a business and the co name and logo are at the top of the list
People will remember a Name not a phone number

I have a ###-LAWN phone number and website but no way wuld I go without a company logo
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you, you just said what i said. It is company name that is important and that is why my company name is my number. You kill both birds with one stone. LOGO doesn't mean jack for as little as we can push it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnPropertyServices View Post
you do need a logo or word mark logo either way you go its very important to building your brand.
Your brand is your company name, keep it short and sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnlandscape View Post
Wow, your crazy. Have you ever once read or studied business marketing???

The first thing you will learn is to get a nice, clean, easy to read logo.

I am a BIG believer that if a person sees your logo 3 times, they will never forget it.

It hurts me to say this.... but I agree with Rodney People will NOT remember your phone number. They will remember your company name, and an attractive logo will help them remember it so much easier!
LOGO and name recognition are 2 very different things. You make the most beautiful logo in the world and it has nothing to do with your company name, now they might remember who you are when they see your logo, but they surely are not going to remember your company name based off of your logo, unless your logo is directly related to your name.

You want them to remember your name so when they want to call, they can look you up, unless you have a very easy to remember telephone number like mine. My company name is my number.

Name me some logo's that aren't name based, that when you see that logo, you remeber the name of the company.