Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-26-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah I'm really liking this thing, the q/c and 60" smooth bucket make me happy. Prolly have to go out and check this thing out!

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-26-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyduty1 View Post
I can't tell from the pics but what are the tell tale signs of a repaint?

It could of been stored in a shop.

Nice machine Dirtman.
Type face of the decals is wrong. the paint is too bright and will fade differently.

Compare it to this 2003 same year
http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=6530335

Not saying bad deal just throws a red flag at why would there be a repaint at such low hours.

Might be as Treemow said.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Yeah I'm really liking this thing, the q/c and 60" smooth bucket make me happy. Prolly have to go out and check this thing out!
This machine is near me, very, very near me. It has been on eBay 3 times over the last 40-60 days and never met reserve. I do not know who these people are and cannot fathom who would own this machine here and have it up for resale. It is most definitely not owned by someone in the utility construction business. It could be someone that bought it for light land clearing as a speculative business on the end. They want at least 45-49k for it. The reserve prices have not topped the 40's and it still has not sold.

I've looked for it on Craigslist numerous times over the last 45 days and it has never been listed. I believe that it was a buy for resale machine only and the pictures are for effect only. I do not believe the graphics match the year.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftb View Post
This machine is near me, very, very near me. It has been on eBay 3 times over the last 40-60 days and never met reserve. I do not know who these people are and cannot fathom who would own this machine here and have it up for resale. It is most definitely not owned by someone in the utility construction business. It could be someone that bought it for light land clearing as a speculative business on the end. They want at least 45-49k for it. The reserve prices have not topped the 40's and it still has not sold.

I've looked for it on Craigslist numerous times over the last 45 days and it has never been listed. I believe that it was a buy for resale machine only and the pictures are for effect only. I do not believe the graphics match the year.
Thanks for the info jeff. I've seen this on ebay a few times as well but now the price is right for me. I was thinking the pictures are from when it was new? Any chances of you passing by and taking a sneak peak for me lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Even if it has been painted, it looks like it has been well maintained. Maybe get the serial number and have your volvo dealer run it to find out if has had any major problems. I wouldnt be scared of it at all, but thats just me, and I have always wanted a tippy bucket!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm not the sure if anyone else has noticed this with volvo's but ours the paint is pretty crappy lol. like where the hyd tank is the paint has changed colour a bit, the counter weight takes one swing into something and its to shinny metal. the gray has faded and shows grease and oil. we wash it, anf it looks like crap in 2 weeks of work. Never really, even wgen it was new, looked good with out being washed.
could be the reason its painted.
anyone else notice this?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t190 View Post
I'm not the sure if anyone else has noticed this with volvo's but ours the paint is pretty crappy lol. like where the hyd tank is the paint has changed colour a bit, the counter weight takes one swing into something and its to shinny metal. the gray has faded and shows grease and oil. we wash it, anf it looks like crap in 2 weeks of work. Never really, even wgen it was new, looked good with out being washed.
could be the reason its painted.
anyone else notice this?
all the original paint on mine looks good. Only a few little spots on the back and bottom are faded but thats touch up paint. Everything else looks nice when I wash the mud off LOL

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-27-2010, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm pretty sure the machine has been repainted, on most I have been around the latches for the battery box and engine cover are zinc plated, and the aux. hydraulic couplers on the stick wouldnt normally be painted.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The decal isn't right... Other than that, I can't find an issue with it from the pictures above.

But, if it actually has 1900 hours and is as nice as you say it is, go and get it.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Thanks for the info jeff. I've seen this on ebay a few times as well but now the price is right for me. I was thinking the pictures are from when it was new? Any chances of you passing by and taking a sneak peak for me lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry Chris, I dropped my comment and have not been back until today. You should have PM'd me.

If you are still bidding on it I can take a look for you. Let me know in a PM where it can be witnessed.

J.