Old 11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...eere-4115.html

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...eere-1070.html

[

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...eere-2300.html

And I could go on. The most current machines tractordata.com does not know who builds them. Deere certainly has a history of rebadging some of their tractors, from Japan, the Czech republic, and there might be others but I have football to watch nothing sinister about it, they are a global company that is to be expected.
All of this is true, but those are not current models. IIRC, the 2305 might still be made by Yanmar, and I think possibly the 3005 and 4005 as well. The rest are built by Deere in Augusta, Georgia. Those made by Yanmar are a very small portion of the tractors in that size range. The 3X20s and 4X20s, which are the most popular, are made by Deere. I agree there is nothing sinister or misleading about it, but that is not the way it is normally presented on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles_uk View Post
With the small Deere isn't just they use the small yanmar diesel engine? They're great engines
Posted via Mobile Device
That is correct in some cases. And yes, Yanmar makes a very good engine.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
* Deere-Hitachi, located in Kernersville, NC, is jointly owned by Deere & Company and Hitachi, and manufactures hydraulic excavators for the North American market. Not true, Hitachi builds all of Deere's excavators and articulated loaders and Deere puts their fuel thirsty engines into them.
Deere builds its own 4WD loaders from the 344J on up (compact loaders are rebranded Liebherrs).
Old 11-29-2010, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Cough, Case, Cough.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...armall-95.html
How is Sumitomo/Case/LBX any different from Deere/Hitachi?

Looking at the current landscape of the construction/ag equipment industry, there are exactly 2 American based full line companies and they both use rebadging and joint ventures to stay competitive.

Its not any different. Never said CASE did not rebadge, obviously I know they do. Also dont forget that the NH excavator is a Kobelco. Ron said all the green tractors are built by Deere, my only point was that some of the JD smaller tractors were made by someone else. Personally, I really don't care.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Back to your originial question JVP on the 308D, the one we have at work has a little over 1,000hrs and it don't track worth a dam in dirt, you'll have one pedal all the way back and the other verly moved to get it to go straight. I think it's got a drive motor screwed up. We have a 36"-40"? smooth lip bucket and full of mud on a pretty good slope you have to really suck it all the way in to swing up hill. I hate the cab I feel like I'm in a little box, you have to duck down to see when loading a truck the cabs way to short. The only positive is that it's pretty smooth for a CAT unlike alot of them I've ran and I do like the boom swing and auxilirty switch on the joysticks. In this size machine I would stick to the Komatsu Pc78, I'd like to try the Takeuchi 180 or Kubota 080.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Try a Hitachi ZX75, true cadillac of an excavator, I've been using my Dad's since Tuesday to hulk 400 tons of concrete out of a barn, the hell with Cat.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 12-16-2010, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Holy Crow, not really what I expected. Bobcatexc, there is a fix for the tracking. Like I said they made a movie of 3 308s climbing a hill. Mine made it about 100 feet and quit. Interim fix and Final fix made it to the top twice as fast. CAT just blew 14,000 on replacing swing motor and its no better. Dealer also just got 2 new machines in that are no better. So unless you only work on level ground and don't dig any cellar holes you'll be OK. Komatsu guy is trying to sell me a PC88MR-8, but the numbers are silly. After owning 8 CAT machines I just never thought I'd be in this situation