Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 08-23-2002, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Super mini specials?

Hey, I was wondering if you knew if Hustler would be offering some big specials on the new Super mini's? My dealer just got a mini, and a super mini in. I sure would like to test drive them.

A couple questions in addition.

In testing, how well does the mini hold a hill in comparison to the regular Z? It seems like it would suffer with a smaller wheel base.

Is the literature correct when it says the blade speed on the regular z, and regular super 52" is 16,650, and on the mini it says 18,300? That seems like quite a differance.

Is the same deck used on both the mini's, and the regular z's?

Thanks so much

Jay
Old 08-24-2002, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Your right about those small wheels. I tested a Exmark Lazer (big wheels) and Encore Z52 (small wheels in back) which had smaller wheels than my Sears rider. The Exmark did better on hills going sideways on hill to cut the grass without slipping and I was somewhat scared with that Encore on a hill. The ride was also alot rougher (bouncing around alot) with the small wheel Encore than the Exmark. Thats why I am glad I am tested ztr's before I buy one. I will now only buy one with large wheels to smooth out the ride and feel safe on hills. Also both mowers had the same type of seat without any special springs to make one smoother riding than the other so it had to be the wheels.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:22 AM
Sponsor

The diameter of the tires will not have much affect on slope handling (it could raise or lower the center of gravity on the machine, though). The tire-to-tire width is what is important and machine balance both side to side and front to back. The only real way to tell is to test drive the units and compare.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

'Is the literature correct when it says the blade speed on the regular z, and regular super 52" is 16,650, and on the mini it says 18,300? That seems like quite a differance.

Is the same deck used on both the mini's, and the regular z's?"

I asked this question a few days back, does anyone know if the decks are identical on the mini's and the regular and super Z's. Do they take the same multch kit and stuff? I wonder do to the difference in blade speed in the literature. I am getting to test a super mini in a week or so. I am really excited.

Thanks
Jay
Old 09-03-2002, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Mini's and Super Mini's have a different deck than the std Z and Super Z's
It is 1" shallower, and uses different spindles.
The litterature is correct on the blade tip speed, why it is different I do not know, but I will ask someone who knows why, and get back to you on this.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Buddy, I appreciate any info you could give me. I should get to demo it soon. I am kind of sad about the shallow deck, I fear it will have to effect the performance as compared to it's bigger brothers. We will see.

Jay