Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2013, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm...Mixed reviews.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

So I have a pretty small business. Only about 25 regular customers. I have no idea the cost of SAP. Is it something I should consider or does anyone know of something simpler/cheaper I should use for the time being
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
Hmmm...Mixed reviews.
There was a ton of talk 2 years ago about it and then it died off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodwin View Post
So I have a pretty small business. Only about 25 regular customers. I have no idea the cost of SAP. Is it something I should consider or does anyone know of something simpler/cheaper I should use for the time being
Posted via Mobile Device
I think they still have a "version" or "level" that allows up to 50 customers. That's what I started with 3, or I guess almost 4 years ago. I think it was around $50 a month. Now I have the unlimited version it is right at $100 a month. I'd still get it especially if I was wanting to grow my biz even with 25 current customers. It's a tax write off so I guess ask yourself if $600 a year investment in your biz that can help you route your schedule to save travel time and gas money, help you with record keeping, invoicing, is worth it.
14x7 landscaping trailer
12x6 P&T hydro dump trailer w/leaf box
We run Gravely ZTRs, Honda 21"s, Kawasaki trimmers, Redmax Backpacks, LittleWonder loader
Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
There was a ton of talk 2 years ago about it and then it died off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I'm thinking about switching from QExpress to SAP but I would like to hear some more about it. There were quite a few complaints about bugs when they updated earlier this year.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Have you looked at jobber? I tried both a couple of years ago. Jobber did not have as much features a SAP but they have come a long way and anything they add on in done right. They have more and more features being added. I thought SAP had a lot to offer but jobber is so much easier to use. You could have it up and running in a weekend.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

We're new here and a small business in GA, but I stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask about web sites. We want a nice site to help make us look good and like a competitor's site ( www.cumminglawnservice.com ) and I'm wondering if the Service Autopilot sites can look like this or if someone can recommend a company that does? We currently have just under 20 clients, but want to pick up a lot more business in the spring and it seems like the Autopilot (at least the starter package) is a good investment.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Member

I would check out wix.com. They have a lot of templates that are good to go and a lot of add-on. Any website that you go for you will have to supply all the info that you want on it.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutAboveGA View Post
We're new here and a small business in GA, but I stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask about web sites. We want a nice site to help make us look good and like a competitor's site ( www.cumminglawnservice.com ) and I'm wondering if the Service Autopilot sites can look like this or if someone can recommend a company that does? We currently have just under 20 clients, but want to pick up a lot more business in the spring and it seems like the Autopilot (at least the starter package) is a good investment.
Lawnsite has a web site discussion forum: http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46 If you spend some time going through the archives, you'll get a pretty good handle on what you should look for.

I'll disagree with the Wix recommendation, although time, and Google, will tell if their site functionality changes will add any search value. The worst 3 DIY sites would be wix, vistaprint, and godaddy. In the DIY class, squarespace is the clubhouse leader.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks tonygreek! These forums are really large and informative and I completely missed that area dedicated to web sites. I like the cost idea of DIY but I'm concerned that I may not be able to get attention for my site from Google. I've read about SEO and stuff and there seems like there is a lot to it. I would really like to play with some of that, but I'm concerned how much time it may take. I think I'm going to reach out to whoever built a couple of the local competitor sites as well. One thing is for sure, I've got a lot of reading to do here on these forums!