Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2012, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

How much does that run you?

I saw a $100 set up fee, then $20 a month, Correct?
Old 03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Andy View Post
So mkarps how did your demos go with service auto pilot and evergreen?
I to have been searching for software, especially to help with marketing and scheduling.
Sorry never saw this.....for some reason none of my email notifications ever show up....

It went great. I am all set up on it now and ready for the field test by end of March!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysr7 View Post
Everyone seems to really love sap. I signed up two days ago and am having a horrible time- keep getting timed out, freezes, etc. I have spent 12+ hours just trying to get basic set up done. Based on my experience, I would drop it today, but there has been a lot of positive feedback about it. I love everything they have to offer, and am willing to spend the money, but can't do it if it works like this. Is anyone else having problems with it lately? I've called twice- the first guy said their server was running a little slow and it will be better in a couple weeks! The next guy said the same, but that they would have it fixed within the day. Not so much.

On another note- I noticed that you can use their estimating form in your own website- what about the client portal? Does anyone know if you MUST use their website to have that feature? I've spent too much time on my website to change it into a cookie cutter version of everyone else's!
Hey whats up man-

I just signed up in February. How are you making out?

If it wasn't for their great customer services I would have left a long time ago.

I really want this to work out because the software seems great- but I have been having so much trouble with glitches in the software- however they always fix them.

I am nervous basing the backbone of my business on this software, as it would be catastrophic if I had to leave and I have spent hours and hours setting it up. Let alone their client portal and all that after my customers sign up for it.

I have the client portal implemented into my own website.. Brian from SA helped me get it all set up and working and that part is great- I have already been using it to get leads.

There is so much I love but like I said I am downright nervous to rely on this software.. When we are in the heat of the season I wouldnt have the time to deal with all these problems.

I demanded my first months money back for the trouble I have been through. But I intend to stay with them, but I don't think I should be paying them to be a guinea pig for their software, if anything they should be paying me.

I have not yet tested any of the routing features or mobile access so I can only cross my fingers these features work.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lots of growing pains and discovery. So different from QX in good and bad. But i'd never go back to QX or the company that owns them.

Did routing today. FAST!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guys. I have been using service autopilot since late last year. It puts other software companies to shame. If you want to be productive then you would look no where else. My customers love the client portal.

Note to service auto pilot. I just gave you a plug where is my cut.

But really it is awesome. I used to think 80 bucks a month was steep for software. After using SA I would pay $150 a month. It's that worth it to me.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Any update from users on the glitches? Do you guys trust it now? I'm thinking of switching from Qxpress this winter. Are the estimates and invoices customizable like they are with qxpress now?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a new version coming soon that should blow the socks off the old. I don't know what you do and how many clients you have, but I'm suggesting Get it in late November or Dec. There are lots of capabilities to get familiar with and set up.

Invoices are are limited in customization to picking ones that can have a few text boxes you can customize. Estimates - what ever you want. Awesome. We sold a number of jobs in minutes or hours this year by emailing the estimate, to a client we never met and a site we have never seen. They can approve online.

We have had way more use of the customer portal for bill paying than we did with people making use of our online pay with quick books. I don't know if the interface is more likable or having the link on our website is some how more attractive.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm very interested but have been using Qxpress for 5 years now, Clip for 10 years prior to that, and I cannot afford to lose all of my historical data. I was unable to trasnfer all of my data from Clip when I swithed to Qx and I do not want to go thru that again. Can anyone tell me if it can be imported into SAP? If it can, I may switch. The price is about equivalent to Qx and I'm willing to pay for good software.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

data transfer to SA from other apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmcintosh1 View Post
I'm very interested but have been using Qxpress for 5 years now, Clip for 10 years prior to that, and I cannot afford to lose all of my historical data. I was unable to trasnfer all of my data from Clip when I swithed to Qx and I do not want to go thru that again. Can anyone tell me if it can be imported into SAP? If it can, I may switch. The price is about equivalent to Qx and I'm willing to pay for good software.
They can move historical data, but perhaps not all. It was tough for me because of the qx enterprise version. I think the regular is pretty easy. If you sync qx and quick books, you will still have all data in quick books no matter the amount in SA. I would recommend you begin the project soon, as it takes awhile to get things the way you want. There is a learning curve, and you will have to adapt to some change. However, all for the better.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Member

For the historical data, why not just keep QX on your pc so you can access it if you need to? We are about ready to make the switch to S.A. The mobile functionality is alone worth it and it will be greatly improved in early 2013.