Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta love the deere stuff. Looks like I might be going d series ctl, after a bad stint with my bc service dept. We'll see what happens
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
If you're going to "test out" or buy a LA100 series JD, you may as well "test out" or buy any of the other color MTDs with the cheaper color paint.

The only JD lawn tractors that cost as much on sale as to what to repair an old one, are the crappy box store LA100 series units and are not worth getting for serious use.
The one that we were seriously trying out is heavily discounted from the factory. We cut vacant lots with it. We don't need anything big, and we are a non-profit with an unfortunately very limited budget right now (I would rather get my paycheck than drop a lot on a mower). I work with what I am dealt. We're looking around at others, don't worry.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
This is the main yard for Erb equipment, the deere construction and lawn mower dealer in the St. Louis area. Nothing quite like having a hoe broke down and waiting for some jack leg at the parts counter trying to get a belt for his lawn mower! Anyone know what happened to the sales man from this location that posted on here all the time about a year ago?
I am not really sure what happened to him last I heard from him he was working in the rental division. I tried contacting him a couple weeks back and haven't heard back so I don't know happened to him. I do know that I think they need to start looking for a new ssl and ctl sales man because he wasn't very good. They guy we were dealing with for mower was way better and he wasn't even a sales man he was parts guy.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles_uk View Post
some serious size sheers in the background 1 on trailer then a few lying around, they must have a couple million dollars in that yard. liked the autolube on the backhoe and that 632
I noticed those sheers too. They look like their Genesis brand. Have you guys ever seen one of those Exodus MX447L's in the background of the one picture? I googled the number and apparently the owners of Genesis started a new company that makes these material handlers.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2010, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is another pic of the material handler

And yes they are Genesis sheers

I really liked this dozer too

Old 12-02-2010, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

With scrap metal being in such demand scrap yards are buying those material handlers pretty regulary. My family is friends with some of the largest scrap metal dealers they said the material handlers can sort scrap metal faster than a magnet.

Prepared scrap steel was up to 200 dollars a ton couple years ago it was the highest it has ever been. The scrap yards are paying that means China is buying it from the scrap yards for 400-500 dollars a ton.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
Never seen a dealer that carrys lawn mowers to heavy equipment before
Erb's signed the contract for the Deere mowers back in 1963 (Pretty sure) when Deere first introduced Lawn mowers. They've handled them ever since. Out of our 8 locations, this is the only branch that handles them which is our main office location.

Quote:
Nothing quite like having a hoe broke down and waiting for some jack leg at the parts counter trying to get a belt for his lawn mower! Anyone know what happened to the sales man from this location that posted on here all the time about a year ago?
Not possible for this to happen, we have two separate departments and locations for L&G and Industrial as well as our parts counters. Industrial customers only wait behind another industrial customer if all the parts guys are too busy.

I'm still here, been too busy to surf this website this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat'nSTL View Post
I am not really sure what happened to him last I heard from him he was working in the rental division. I tried contacting him a couple weeks back and haven't heard back so I don't know happened to him. I do know that I think they need to start looking for a new ssl and ctl sales man because he wasn't very good. They guy we were dealing with for mower was way better and he wasn't even a sales man he was parts guy.

I've replied back to all your PM's unless I've missed one, I surely hope you don't feel I have ever been ignoring you because that is not the case. I haven't been on here in a while, sorry about that as well if I have in anyway dropped the ball with you. PM me if there is anything I can help you out with.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidsteerman View Post
Erb's signed the contract for the Deere mowers back in 1963 (Pretty sure) when Deere first introduced Lawn mowers. They've handled them ever since. Out of our 8 locations, this is the only branch that handles them which is our main office location.

Not possible for this to happen, we have two separate departments and locations for L&G and Industrial as well as our parts counters. Industrial customers only wait behind another industrial customer if all the parts guys are too busy.

I'm still here, been too busy to surf this website this year.

I've replied back to all your PM's unless I've missed one, I surely hope you don't feel I have ever been ignoring you because that is not the case. I haven't been on here in a while, sorry about that as well if I have in anyway dropped the ball with you. PM me if there is anything I can help you out with.

Thanks
No everything is cool we were actually hoping to see you while we were out there.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah it is possible! Your Mt. Vernon store sells mower parts, I know after waiting behind customers looking up parts! They do not have 2 seperate departments at Mt. Vernon!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah it is possible! Your Mt. Vernon store sells mower parts, I know after waiting behind customers looking up parts! They do not have 2 seperate departments at Mt. Vernon!
That very well could be, but Mt Vernon is not a L&G store and was more then likely just helping someone out. You probably just came in on that one day they were selling a lawn mower part. I find it very hard to believe this is a common occurrence there. But can't say for sure as I'm never there... In fact, I've never been in that new location just by it. I was in their older location several times.