Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-22-1999, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Chuck for the new forum. Its <br>great! I own a GMC K2500 and a Ford <br>F150 so the Ford group is a welcome <br>addition! Keep up the great <br>work.........mick
Old 12-22-1999, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, thanks. I consider my truck a Chevy, or my Chevy a GMC. Either way, there is little noticeable difference between my 77 Chevy K/20, and my 80 GMC K/25. Same chassis, same body panels, same drivetrain for the most part. Some parts, such as wheel bearings are typically larger on GMC. They seem to be more heavy duty. A friend who is a mechanic changed the bearings on his Suburban the other day, it's an 80. All the local shops said they had the bearing in stock. When he read them the number off the old bearing, turned out they didn't have it. One shop did. He got them. I then remembered 6 years ago, when I changed mine, the parts store sent over 4 different sets. They couldn't be sure which set it was, so sent one of each. Told us to send back the one it wasn't. Needless to say, I jotted down the part #.<p>~Chuck<br><p>----------<br>Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages - Snowplowing Central<br>http://members.aol.com/csmith669/plowcentral.html
Old 12-27-1999, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Got an 99 GMC Sierra and love it. I work part time and my wife drives the truck all of the other times and calls it her luxury car. I got the truck loaded with leather and all power. Towing package is great as well. Has not been anything I put behind I could not pull. I know I have to take care of the leather but that is a small price to pay for the comfort and power.<p>----------<br>Jeff<br>
Old 12-28-1999, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Member

jnjnlc... I agree, I own a 86 chev and a 99 sierra with towing ect for my boat and I lov'em both.
Old 12-28-1999, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Before I bought the GMC I bought a Dodge Dakota. The truck looked good but had the most uncomfortable seats and no pulling power. I kept it two weeks and traded in on the GMC. No Regrets.<p>----------<br>Jeff<br>