Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-02-2011, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefwilson View Post
SHADE TREE.

I used two local radio stations that play Christmas Music all season long. They are the two most listened to stations at that time of year. I also offered 500.00 gift certificates that the radio station auctioned off and I got a lot of promotional time on air for those. I also donated a light package to a local charity that gained a lot of air time. Another thing I used is Google Adwords and Facebook advertisements. I targeted females 35 and older within 25 miles of my residence on facebook. All avenues of advertisement got about the same return. Next year I am gonna double or triple the amount of advertisement I did this year. If you want to hear one of my commercials it is on my website www.cuttinedgelawncare.com
here's a stupid question for ya. how did you make the radio ad? does the station work with you when making an ad? i guess im just curious on the whole set up process.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I had the general idea and they created it from my ideas....it took several takes until I was satisfied with the final product. Next year I am also thinking of doing a tv commercial so that they can get a visual of what we are trying to sell them as well. I got a lot of calls from people wanting me to install thier lights from my ads but I did not put up any one elses lights for liability reasons as well as profit reasons.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade tree landscaping View Post
CHIEF...what did you use as far as advertising? closing 30 in first year isn't bad at all !!!

YARD SMART...3 cold call commercials....what type of commercial? I cold called about 2 dozen and got zero!
Libraries and a Municipality