Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2010, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

HPSInc Equipment Photos

Just bought the V-ride last week off the showroom floor. Since I laid eyes on it, I had to have it. Plus the reviews on here were very good. Stroked my ego a bit with this one, but Im very happy with my decision.

2010 Scag 52'' V-ride

1986 GMC 4x4 dump with 8 ft box & coal shoot. I was talking with someone a few weeks ago and mentioned I was interested in a dump trailer for spring time. They told me they knew of a dump truck for sale. So I checked it out, was a bit rougher than I would like and to be honest I wasnt feeling it at all, but when I was told price I knew I would be crazy not to buy it. Its currently registered & inspected. Everything works, runs great and dump works. Just needs cosmetics & new tires wouldnt hurt either. Interior is clean so thats a plus. Plan on doing some patch work to the box, some body work, and painting the whole truck and lettering it up. It will look 10x's better when I'm done and it wont be showing up on any job sites until Im finished with it. So I gotta get it done soon once this weather breaks.

Heres my 2010 7 x 12 tandem axle Sure Trac trailer. (2) 3500lb axles with brakes on all wheels. I bought this trailer earlier in the year and I cant say enough good things about it. Its smooth and backs up very easy. A friend & I just completed this tool rack. Wish I had it all year but will be very nice for next year. But the best part is, the rack is removable as a whole unit in about 1 minutes time. And its super beefy and can hold a ton of tools, much more than I have pictured. Going to ad a tongue tool box, trimmer rack and possibly some higher sides. Maybe a lift gate assist too. But so far that hasnt bothered me.

cell phone pic

heres a pic of the trailer right when I bought it. So Shiney!

My 2003 GMC 2500. Going to letter this puppy up good come spring. Just put the plow on last week. An old meyer I had kickin' around. Cleaned it up and painted it. I needed a new plow frame, lights, and harness for it to work. It was a great move putting it on as we already got bombed with 30 something inches of snow in a few days just last week. All my neighbors were crying the blues, but not me.

cell phone pic

Thats about it for now. I will try to scrounge up some landscape install pics at some point. I never take enough pics and certainly not enough before and after pics. Next year I will bring my camera with me all the time.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

i really envy your scag! next year ill be upgrading my walk behind.. im thinking about a 52 turf tracer because my scag dealer said scag no longer makes a floating deck walk behind with pistol grips. ive also really been looking at standers.. seem to be getting more popular these days
Old 12-07-2010, 03:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How long have you been up and running
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Dude nice stuff man! I especially love the Scag....I just got one a couple months ago and I friggen love the thing. Be sure to let us know how you like yours. Good luck with everything!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 12-07-2010, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Stuff looks good! That dump truck's going to be a fun project. So this may be a stupid question, but what's the advantage of a stander? If I have the option of standing or sitting, I think I'd choose sitting. I have a WB, so I'm walking, but that's due to size/budget restrictions.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

cool beans man, how much did the 86 run you if it was sucha steal you couldnt pass it up? curious is all.

nice stuff
Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice V-Ride, I was in love with my ProStance when I first saw it too. I knew I didn't need it though, but then things took a turn and it was a justified purchase.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nice to see another local! what area do you service mostly?

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the comments guys. The benefits of a stander are all over this site. Which is the reason I was even turned on to them in the first place. Basically, they take up less room on the trailer, they are fast and nimble, you can get off and on very easily, you can see very well what your cutting when your on them, and it takes the stress off your back and lets your legs do the absorbing when riding around.

DLAWNS, your review thread of the scag was very insightful. Helped in my decision as well.

Grassman, no lie, the truck cost me less than a night out drinking. I did not know that at first, and I sort of had passed on it before asking the "How much is it" question..but when asked again a few days later if I wanted the truck, and that I could pretty much.."have it"..I went back over and the deal was made. The previous owner is 92 years old. Definately does not need it and his family members didnt want it either since they have their own dump trucks and did not want to pay insurance for it once it ran up in June. It was luck on my behalf to end up with it, especially for as little as I paid.

NewJerseyLandscaping, I have been part time for about 2 years. Last year I really got busy with working after work and on weekends. Almost every weekend really. Ive been landscaping for the same company about 8 years full time. And for those wondering yes I have insurance. I am not the lowballer, under the table guy.

MikeRi, I work in West Seneca, Cheektowaga, & Elma and I have some jobs lined up for spring in Lancaster and Amherst. But West Seneca & Cheektowaga mostly.

I plan to get more official this year, letter my trucks, beef up on the tools and get organized. So far no advertising. All word of mouth. I get alot of people coming to me as far as getting work goes. One job usually leads to many more for the same person, or doing work for someone that person knows. Plus everbody knows what I do, so its usually me they come to when they want something done. Asking for my advice can easily turn in to "do you want to just do it and we'll pay you". I pretty much have to work after work a couple times a week, and every weekend if I have it in me. Its tiresome but satisfying.

Last edited by HPSInc; 12-07-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSInc View Post
Thanks for the comments guys. The benefits of a stander are all over this site. Which is the reason I was even turned on to them in the first place. Basically, they take up less room on the trailer, they are fast and nimble, you can get off and on very easily, you can see very well what your cutting when your on them, and it takes the stress off your back and lets your legs do the absorbing when riding around.

DLAWNS, your review thread of the scag was very insightful. Helped in my decision as well.

Grassman, no lie, the truck cost me less than a night out drinking. I did not know that at first, and I sort of had passed on it before asking the "How much is it" question..but when asked again a few days later if I wanted the truck, and that I could pretty much.."have it"..I went back over and the deal was made. The previous owner is 92 years old. Definately does not need it and his family members didnt want it either since they have their own dump trucks and did not want to pay insurance for it once it ran up in June. It was luck on my behalf to end up with it, especially for as little as I paid.

well how much do you drink on an average night out