Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2012, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet! How do you like those scag v-rides??
Old 03-28-2012, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Is that a Rack'em grass catcher? If so how do you like it? I'm picking up one for my 36" Pro-V on Friday.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes it is a rack'em. its a good durable catcher. alot of guys run this catcher around me. im buying another one for the 36''. mines a 4 cube on the 52. guys here trade in the 3 cube recommended for the 36 and run the 4. but thats cause they wana switch baggers and have all the same ones cuz they got alot of mowers. i might get the 4 cube also for the 36'' but not sure yet.

just get it online you'll save alot versus buying at a dealer obviously.

I love the vrides. Cant say I have any complaints. just pitched the deck on the 52''as it was level and i didnt really know any better until recently. i been landscaping 10 years but only cutting now 1 year under my belt. the difference was unbelieveable after pitching that deck. wish i had done it sooner. I'm eyeing up that 61'' vride next!! but wouldnt be til next year. probably will go with a cheetah or TT so i can run a big bagging system though. we'll see. but for now the vrides are a mean setup and im pretty pumped for this year.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i never posted pics of this. its a honda 21''. i bought it last year and used it only a couple times. but will be put to work this year. i used it as a mulcher and it works great. i have the bagger but never tried it. it leaves a very nice cut.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything looks really good, the 36 V-Ride is pretty cool, I'm looking into getting one myself, what motor is it?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

its a 20 hp kawi

has no problem hauling me around on it
Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

DAMN business must be going good!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

after my first full day with the 36'' vride i am VERY impressed with this little mower. it left a very nice cut, was super maneuverable and the "rutting" that was a concern of mine from reading on here was a non-isuue. even through some wet areas this mower skimmed across the turf like nothing. No rutting or turf damage on tight turns or anything. buying this mower was a great move for me. i fixed the problem with my 52'' as well. pitching the deck and pulling back the chute has completely eliminated the large amounts of grass that was discharging and leaving grass trails in the lawn. It is now sprinkling the turf with fine clippings that vanish into the lawn. i didnt have to double cut one time which never happened previously to pitching the deck. that was my mistake for not doing so earlier but i just didnt know any better. i should have got some pics but didnt have my cam on me. i'll snap some photos in the next few times i am out.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

things are going great this year. i just mulched a community with 88 units and a massive treed entry. Never-ending trees!! I then picked up the job for all the dead plant replacements for the whole community and i also met someone who lived there who owns 2 huge plazas nearby who wants a price on full maintenance. Money is really starting to roll in right now. Im booked for a couple months atleast with big and small mulch jobs, full installs, entry way re-dos to private communities etc. And I mow two full days a week at other private communities with 3 year contracts that i have. Well I brought the dump truck home this week. I put it up forsale as I thought about buying something newer but didnt like the lowballs I was getting so I said the hell with it and today I started to clean it up. Im not going for any awards but i wana make it nice still. i could have really used this truck last week too so its probably best I keep it anyways and add to the fleet of equipment. Today I wire wheeled the box and bedlinered it all black. I went to lowes and picked up some new wood boards. i have more and can go 1 tier taller if need be. I painted the rims white again and bedlinered the running boards. Next I'll begin some body work but might not get to it til next weekend, then ill get it painted. Maybe red again but I suppose I could switch it up if I wanted too? All and all Im happy with it so far considering I only spent about 4 or 5 hours on it. Tires hold air but have dry rot on sides so id like to replace them as well. The truck looked much worse than it actually is. Mechanically its awesome and everything works. It was just neglected cosmetically. But thats about to change. I'll update when I do more :-)

Old 05-06-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

for reference here is the truck just a couple days ago. paint all peeling and rust spots, old wooden sides...blah.