Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-07-2012, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Glad everything is going good for ya, and the truck is coming out pretty good also.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

for all those mulch jobs how much do you get it per yrd? And how do you charge them like $65-70 per yard for delivery and install? (I'm new so take it easy on me if you think this is a dumb question)
Old 05-08-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $32 for black enhanced mulch with no tax. I ended up only using 58 yards and sold 3 at the end to a homeowner and dumped it in his driveway. I did 61 yards for $6600 + tax. It was just a shade under $7200 total. I charged an additional $800 + tax because I had to deal with pruning some shrubs, weeding, and fixing a couple beds before being able to mulch. They agreed to pay whatever I felt fair for doing this work and they could SEE how much I did so they werre happy. I dont think the utility boxes had been trimmed in years. so that was my bid, and you better be good at estimating if you going to bid stuff thats big. I was thinking more like 40 yards but was under on that estimate. Another bidder, the cheapest in the bunch was estimating around 80 yards. I think we both need our heads examined. Either way I still cleared around $4500 all said and done and I was the middle bidder. One guy at 7200 + tax and another at 6100 + tax. I was 6600 + tax like I said. If you do the math youll see what I got per yard. On small jobs I stick with 80 per yard laid where i know i'll need 2 or 3 or 4 yards and can shoot a price to a homeowner.

Last edited by HPSInc; 05-08-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I got a 36" V Ride this year and I love it! Probably going to replace the 48" W/B next year with another v ride
Echo Hand Power Equipment
09 F250 W/Boss Plow
12 7X14 Enclosed Trailer
Old 05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea i love the vrides i cant wait til i can buy more!!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I love watching the growth of your company through this thread. Any pictures of that large complex? I love the Scags. How do you like the V-rides. Do they turn well without rutting? I think you should paint the truck ad bed and it will look pretty much new.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i was so much involved in the work im amazed i even stopped to take these pics! i need to go back and take finished pics. the units are like 4 or 6 homes in 1. there was 88 individual units, utility beds everywhere, trees, trees, and more trees. Plus like I said I had to do some trimming but that was an extra so i was happy to do it. these pics do this place no justice but i was mostly taking pics of the trucks lol. we worked til dark in these pics and this was close to 8pm. we were mulchaholics!

as for the Vrides I really like them alot. im pretty good on them now so i barely ever tear the turf. only if its wet but if your careful youll be ok. i heard the 36'' was going to rut bad but its all good from what i have seen of it so far and i wouldnt hesitate to buy another.

Today I started to bondo up the truck. and im painting the grill and light bezels black. its guna look sweeeet!

Heres my employee doin work in these pics.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Truck and trailer looks good! How many yards of mulch did you spread?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

we did 58 yards. HEAPING yards at that. they really hook you up where I go buy it. Theres wasnt really any big beds to lose alot of mulch so it was a bit tedious but on to the next one!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

looking good man! are you still mostly in the west senneca/cheecktowaga area or are you branching out up north?

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091