Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Pesticide Application Invice Left On Customers Door

What I'm looking for are invoices that can be customized with State required info (wind speed, direction, product used and application rate etc.) If there are some good software programs out there for LCO's that meet this criteria please let me know. Right now I'm just leaving invoices created with Quicken and putting all the other info for my records in a Excel spread sheet. Also if it will work with Quick Books that also would be good info. Thanks
Old 12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sure...However...do you mean you have a computer and printer in your truck? To print your invoices? Can you type the extra data on a Blackberry, as you sit in your truck? And just send it to your office spreadsheet? Sync it to your spreadsheet?

Last year my data was set up so I only had to type an abbreviation and the computer typed out the name of chemical, EPA number, rate and active ingredient.

Probably someone here has a system where you only have to type it once. I hope...
Old 12-07-2010, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

No computer in the truck or blackberry. What I do now is print invoices at the office with Quicken the day before (this invoice is just generic with no State required info), go to property, leave invoice on door, apply chems, input data onto paper spread sheet.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

i would also love to see one if someone has something they woulndt mind shareing
Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Member

We use to do our invoicing similar to your method, though we didn't leave invoices behind. We would mail them out. We would schedule and keep up with the services using an excel spread sheet. Once we went to Qxpress, we started saving alot of time

I have been using Qxpress for the last 5 years or so. I am very happy with it. At the beginning I created a customized invoice using the program to put all the info. I needed on a 3 part (1 page) invoice. It has a one button sync to Quickbooks. Once you sync it, all of your Quickbooks customers are then in Qxpress. Then it is just a matter of setting up the individual services for each customer. We run structural pest, lawn and ornamental, and termite services through it with no problems.
Upon completion of service we leave 2 of the 3 parts of the invoice with the customer in a self addressed envelope. Bring the technician copy back to the office and mark the service as done and date it accordingly. At the end of the week, we send it to Quickbooks. Done deal, very simple.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Della Rio View Post
No computer in the truck or blackberry. What I do now is print invoices at the office with Quicken the day before (this invoice is just generic with no State required info), go to property, leave invoice on door, apply chems, input data onto paper spread sheet.
Della Rio

Smartest think I did as a one man band was put a computer/Printer in my truck. Besides invoicing, Labels and other information is at my finger tips. First thing I do at the stop is the paper work and invoice printing. I then knock on the customer door announcing myself and hand them the Invoice for the work that is about to be done. This also gives me quality contact time with my customer. By the time I finish the treatment the Customer has written the check and in many cases left it on the front seat of my truck,which is company headquarters.

Wally World has the Acer Net Book for only $ 254.99 and the last printer I bought was only $ 28.00. Heck the Ink cost more than the printer. So Truck Computers are CHEAP. I back up my files each night to my Internet Mail provider. I can retrieve my information from any computer in the world that has Quickbooks.

I have made up flyer on my computer with the idea on printing them as needed. I could enter a customer address and say I take care of your neighbor lawn at 123 Main St. So a Truck computer can be used an infinite number of ways.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

How big of an operation are you OP?

Computers in a truck sound groovy - but unless you are doing mucho volume, you don't need that.

What I did was simply print off my state required Application Record, added a section for billing (so I have an all in one integrated form), and ran over to my local print shop to have a ream of forms custom made for me. 2 or 3 part carbon copy. You could also probably submit this to one of those online print shops if you want to save a little money.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am with Rick on this one. I am able to have all my quotations, prices, labels whatever at my fingertips. I even have an airwave card for internet access. Has helped me find out who lives at an address for a quick quotation. I went with a Brother Laser Printer at around $70.00 which has turned out to be cheaper than the inkjets. Another nice thing is I have a record on my computer of all my applications. Has reduced my paperwork tremendously.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Again, the OP needs to advise if his size of operation warrants purchasing hundreds of dollars of electronic equipment for his purpose. Advising him to go that route without further insight isn't good advice.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 12-08-2010, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Again, the OP needs to advise if his size of operation warrants purchasing hundreds of dollars of electronic equipment for his purpose. Advising him to go that route without further insight isn't good advice.
Your way with the tri copy is fine for the most part. But most people have at least one computer for his biz, it might be used for the household also but he owns one. Next time he needs a computer he can get an laptop and a cheap printer in the truck if he is to small to cover the expense now. A printed invoice looks more professional the hand written.
Posted via Mobile Device