Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
i love these threads, so much misinformation.
Care to point any out?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Brad Ent Brad Ent is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Manchester, CT
Posts: 230
duffster,
CT has adopted their own set of guidlines that are more stringent than FMV CDL standards. Regulations for CT can be accessed via CT Motor Transport Website.

You've got to do your homework and know the requirements for the State(s)you plan to operate in.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Ent View Post
duffster,
CT has adopted their own set of guidlines that are more stringent than FMV CDL standards. Regulations for CT can be accessed via CT Motor Transport Website.

You've got to do your homework and know the requirements for the State(s)you plan to operate in.
Prove it.

CDL requirements do not vary between states. (except CA) Even if they did it doesn't matter what another states requirements are because once to go interstate you fall under the federal standard.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-09-2010, 10:15 AM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Prove it.

CDL requirements do not vary between states. (except CA) Even if they did it doesn't matter what another states requirements are because once to go interstate you fall under the federal standard.
your still wrong
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 AM
gasracer gasracer is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville,Tn.
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Prove it.

CDL requirements do not vary between states. (except CA) Even if they did it doesn't matter what another states requirements are because once to go interstate you fall under the federal standard.
I don't travel more than 25 miles out from my house I don't care what other states do. Unless he is on a border state town then it only matters what state he has it registered in.
In Tn. It is over 26,000 GWR that requires a CDL.That means I can drive a 26ft. box truck on my regular D.L. A Isuzu landscape truck is only 12,000-14,000 GWR. so no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
your still wrong
Where? .......
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 AM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
First. We are all Commercial Drivers if we drive a 1/2 pickup truck or f550... you are driving a vehicle for a commercial enterprise.

weight/combo weight of our vehicles and trailers is what determines if we need a CDL endorsement. which is pretty much across the board for all states based on federal guidelines.

Now some states are making harder for commercial drivers who are below the CDL requirements. In that if you have a truck trailer combo less than the states magic number you may need a Dr Card, record checks, first aid kids, fire extinguisers, Pretrip inspection log, safety triangles and so on...So basically everything a CDL driver needs, just no endorsement.

thats why this question is so hard to answer with out knowing where you are located...

and in all honesty we all have good intentions here, but the only people you should be trusting for the proper answer is your States DMV office
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-09-2010, 08:38 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
your still wrong


correction. Dufster is right! The laws are written the same for all states! Or at least the several i just looked up. Ive heard of guys getting in trouble for towing little trailers with large, near limit trucks because they were over 26 and you should be able to do so everywhere!

Last edited by 4 seasons lawn&land; 12-09-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 AM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
correction. Dufster is right! The laws are written the same for all states! Or at least the several i just looked up. Ive heard of guys getting in trouble for towing little trailers with large, near limit trucks because they were over 26 and you should be able to do so everywhere!
if they got in trouble it is because the officer doesnt know the law. you can drive a 25950# truck and pull a 9900# trailer with a regular license and be perfectly legal. even if it has air brakes.
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-10-2010, 09:58 AM
gasracer gasracer is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville,Tn.
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
if they got in trouble it is because the officer doesnt know the law. you can drive a 25950# truck and pull a 9900# trailer with a regular license and be perfectly legal. even if it has air brakes.
The Air breaks I would have to question.

From what I have read some states are starting to require you to have all the safety equipment and a medical card for anything over say 10,000 but don't require the CDL endorsement.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.11193 seconds with 7 queries