Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonCX View Post
Sorry but in nj and pa there is a air brake endorsement and if you take a truck without them to the test you will have restriction "L" on your license meaning you have a cdl but you aren't allowed to drive a truck with air brakes. Like I said before call the state police they will tell you everything you need to know.
You just contradicted yourself.

What letter represents this "air brake endorsement"?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasracer View Post
Maybe not where you life but there is here.
Live?

It is the same EVERYWHERE.

Do yourself a favor and look it up. Come back and tell us what letter represents this "air brake endorsement".
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:46 PM
gasracer gasracer is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville,Tn.
Posts: 1,049
The one for Tn is "P" for non air brakes.
__________________
Green's Lawn Service & Light Hauling
http://www.greenslawnservicetn.com/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:53 PM
gasracer gasracer is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville,Tn.
Posts: 1,049
Code L: Vehicle without air brakes That is from the DMV site.
__________________
Green's Lawn Service & Light Hauling
http://www.greenslawnservicetn.com/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasracer View Post
The one for Tn is "P" for non air brakes.
"P" is for PASSENGER.

http://www.state.tn.us/safety/driver...ementTable.pdf

Notice air brake isn't on there.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasracer View Post
Code L: Vehicle without air brakes That is from the DMV site.
So it is not an endorsement is it?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:57 PM
gasracer gasracer is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville,Tn.
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
So it is not an endorsement is it?
Doesn't matter it is still marked.
__________________
Green's Lawn Service & Light Hauling
http://www.greenslawnservicetn.com/
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasracer View Post
Doesn't matter it is still marked.
OK.

Anybody else find it odd that the ones that know the least about a subject are the quickest to offer "advice".
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
CDL RESTRICTIONS
Class Restrictions
J You may only operate a school/activity bus. You may not operate any other type of commercial motor vehicle.
K You may not operate a vehicle with air brakes. If you plan to operate a vehicle with air brakes, you must take the air brakes knowledge test. You also must take the road test in a vehicle equipped with air brakes.
L You may not operate a commercial motor vehicle outside of Virginia.
M Operation of a passenger bus restricted to a Class B passenger vehicle.
N Operation of a passenger bus restricted to a Class C passenger vehicle.
Y You must wear corrective lenses when operating a commercial motor vehicle.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:06 PM
gasracer gasracer is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville,Tn.
Posts: 1,049
We all only know so much. He should contact the DMV for the information. The Air brake/non air brake does exist code or endorsement it's still there so I have made my point..
__________________
Green's Lawn Service & Light Hauling
http://www.greenslawnservicetn.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.09606 seconds with 7 queries