Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:15 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasracer View Post
We all only know so much. He should contact the DMV for the information. The Air brake/non air brake does exist code or endorsement it's still there so I have made my point..
you havent made any point. there is no such thing as an air brake endorsement.

if you are sure there is post a link to prove it.
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:18 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
CDL RESTRICTIONS
Class Restrictions
J You may only operate a school/activity bus. You may not operate any other type of commercial motor vehicle.
K You may not operate a vehicle with air brakes. If you plan to operate a vehicle with air brakes, you must take the air brakes knowledge test. You also must take the road test in a vehicle equipped with air brakes.
L You may not operate a commercial motor vehicle outside of Virginia.
M Operation of a passenger bus restricted to a Class B passenger vehicle.
N Operation of a passenger bus restricted to a Class C passenger vehicle.
Y You must wear corrective lenses when operating a commercial motor vehicle.
you might want to recheck those, unless they are different in DC.
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:21 PM
gasracer gasracer is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville,Tn.
Posts: 1,049
Halfway down the page under restrictions.

http://www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/cdl-faqs.php

I am not here to argue about this. Peace out.....
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
I live in VA and Work in DC

those are the VA Restrictions in VA copied from the DMV website.

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c.../cdl_class.asp

from code 1313.3 DC DMV

1313.3 The following restrictions shall be displayed on a driver’s license to specify
special conditions under which a driver may operate a motor vehicle:
(a) Must wear glasses or contact lenses;
(b) May not operate a vehicle with air brakes;
(c) May not operate vehicles for compensation prior to age eighteen (18);
(d) Must be accompanied by driver who is authorized to operate class of
vehicle being driven;
(e) May not operate Class “A,” “B” or “C” vehicles in interstate commerce;
(f) Valid only when presented with official document noting special driving
conditions; and
(g) Valid only when presented with a valid medical card; and
(h) May not operate tractors and semi-trailers.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
you havent made any point. there is no such thing as an air brake endorsement.

if you are sure there is post a link to prove it.
correct there is no air brake ENDORSEMENT, only an air brake RESTRICTION
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:34 PM
zabmasonry zabmasonry is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: C. VT
Posts: 301
like I said, these threads usually create quite the argument. Perhaps the moderators can make a sticky that just says, Call your local DMV
__________________
UVM SBA 2012
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-10-2010, 03:05 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
I live in VA and Work in DC

those are the VA Restrictions in VA copied from the DMV website.

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c.../cdl_class.asp

from code 1313.3 DC DMV

1313.3 The following restrictions shall be displayed on a driver’s license to specify
special conditions under which a driver may operate a motor vehicle:
(a) Must wear glasses or contact lenses;
(b) May not operate a vehicle with air brakes;
(c) May not operate vehicles for compensation prior to age eighteen (18);
(d) Must be accompanied by driver who is authorized to operate class of
vehicle being driven;
(e) May not operate Class “A,” “B” or “C” vehicles in interstate commerce;
(f) Valid only when presented with official document noting special driving
conditions; and
(g) Valid only when presented with a valid medical card; and
(h) May not operate tractors and semi-trailers.
WOW! Virginia restriction and different codes than just aboutevery other state.
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabmasonry View Post
like I said, these threads usually create quite the argument. Perhaps the moderators can make a sticky that just says, Call your local DMV
or learn how to follow one of the many flow charts that are on here. maybe get a fifth grade education so u can read and understand what is posted from state web sites.
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-10-2010, 04:46 PM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
clark

I would fathom that many states have various forms of restrictions. whether it be air brakes, glasses, daytime driving only, school busses only, ect.

Iwoudl also fathom thatr many people need a CDL Lic, , for driving a van (people cargo), school bus, transport chems, ect, where they do not need an air brakes since the vehicle is not equipped. So they take the CDL test with out the Air brakes. so they get a CDL with a restriction.

In effect a CDL is a regular Drivers liscence with a commercial endorsement. much like you can get a motrocycle endorsement on the DL.

in my above post the Code 1313 is cut and pasted from the DC DMV website with the link to the VA website above it. both have similar "restrictions" just different codes for them. just like the endorsements codes differ from state to state.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-10-2010, 11:09 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,520
Marc i mean like in almost every other state i have looked at "L" is air brake restriction and "K" is intrastate. i know a few people that have a classA CDL with the air brake restriction. they took the test in a 33K dump with juice brakes pulling a 12K trailer with electric brakes.
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.11939 seconds with 7 queries