Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-10-2010, 11:30 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,525
As per the OP's first post you will need a CDL to pull a trailer over 10K in the US with exceptions being RV's and farm use equipment. Commercial trailers over 10K and trucks over 26k need a CDL if your using it to move material, goods or equipment in exchange for money.

I'm not a lawer or DOT officer so please check with your local DMV.

On the back of my license it has endorsements only no restrictions.
P-passenger >15 including driver.
T-Double/Triple Trailer
N-Tanker >1000 gallons

This is a class A Combination vehicals >26000 lbs GCVW

I have a section open for restrictions but there are none listed. I do how ever know that I'm not alowed to operate a school bus with students on board with out a special course from the TN DOT.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstarlawns View Post
As per the OP's first post you will need a CDL to pull a trailer over 10K in the US with exceptions being RV's and farm use equipment. Commercial trailers over 10K and trucks over 26k need a CDL if your using it to move material, goods or equipment in exchange for money.

I'm not a lawer or DOT officer so please check with your local DMV.

On the back of my license it has endorsements only no restrictions.
P-passenger >15 including driver.
T-Double/Triple Trailer
N-Tanker >1000 gallons

This is a class A Combination vehicals >26000 lbs GCVW

I have a section open for restrictions but there are none listed. I do how ever know that I'm not alowed to operate a school bus with students on board with out a special course from the TN DOT.
WRONG!!!

post EXACTLY what is on your license for a class a
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstarlawns View Post
As per the OP's first post you will need a CDL to pull a trailer over 10K in the US with exceptions being RV's and farm use equipment. Commercial trailers over 10K and trucks over 26k need a CDL if your using it to move material, goods or equipment in exchange for money.

I'm not a lawer or DOT officer so please check with your local DMV.

On the back of my license it has endorsements only no restrictions.
P-passenger >15 including driver.
T-Double/Triple Trailer
N-Tanker >1000 gallons

This is a class A Combination vehicals >26000 lbs GCVW

I have a section open for restrictions but there are none listed. I do how ever know that I'm not alowed to operate a school bus with students on board with out a special course from the TN DOT.
You obviously can't read either.

Why don't you C & P where it say you need a CDL to tow over 10k.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-10-2010, 11:46 PM
CLARK LAWN's Avatar
CLARK LAWN CLARK LAWN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: youngstown, ohio
Posts: 2,519
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...w+chart&page=3


go to post #26and look at the flow chart. it will show that you dont need one.
__________________
www.clarklawn.com

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-10-2010, 11:59 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
WRONG!!!

post EXACTLY what is on your license for a class a
That's what is listed on my license card. Class A with P,T, and N endorsements and no restrictions. I'm not sure how I could be wrong about what I'm reading off the plastic card that has been in my wallet for years.

Ok I went down stairs and got my most current copy of the Commercial Driver License Manuel. (2009)
It states that you need a CDL to pull a trailer over 10K only if the manufactors GCVW of the the tow vehical and trailer exceed 26K. That means that if you're pulling a 10K trailer with a F250 no cdl but if pulling it with a F650 you will need a CDL
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-11-2010, 09:56 AM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstarlawns View Post
That's what is listed on my license card. Class A with P,T, and N endorsements and no restrictions. I'm not sure how I could be wrong about what I'm reading off the plastic card that has been in my wallet for years.

Ok I went down stairs and got my most current copy of the Commercial Driver License Manuel. (2009)
It states that you need a CDL to pull a trailer over 10K only if the manufactors GCVW of the the tow vehical and trailer exceed 26K. That means that if you're pulling a 10K trailer with a F250 no cdl but if pulling it with a F650 you will need a CDL
Now thats not really what it says is it? Post the exact sentence. You can tow a 10k trlr with a 26k truck for a GC total of 36k, no CDL
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
Now thats not really what it says is it? Post the exact sentence. You can tow a 10k trlr with a 26k truck for a GC total of 36k, no CDL
That is pretty much what it should say.

What do you think it says?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-11-2010, 04:09 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
That is pretty much what it should say.

What do you think it says?
Thats what it says. What I posted.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-11-2010, 07:00 PM
newjerseylandscaping's Avatar
newjerseylandscaping newjerseylandscaping is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New jersey
Posts: 1,175
I agee if there was a serch before you post only policy there would be no lawn site, also not every thing is right for every person, one situation may be diffrent than another.
__________________
Echo hedge trimmer
Echo Edger
Husqavarna Weed eater
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-11-2010, 07:04 PM
newjerseylandscaping's Avatar
newjerseylandscaping newjerseylandscaping is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New jersey
Posts: 1,175
Im preatty sure the restrictions section is like if you need glases, thats whats on my license anyway.
__________________
Echo hedge trimmer
Echo Edger
Husqavarna Weed eater
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.10672 seconds with 7 queries