Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2010, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My Windows PC boots in about 30 too and is ready to go...I use suspend and reboot once per month.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2010, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I like PCs because they are cheap and more powerful and run all the programs and games. Plus I can interchange all the parts with better and better hardware. I think Macs are over priced crapware that can't run any programs or games. In fact, I used to clean the windows at a mac store, I worked out that I could build a PC for half the price that is twice as powerful then a mac. The only reason macs are becoming more popular is because they are copying windows more and more. I understand one of the most popular programs on a mac is that duel boot so you can have windows on a mac, LOL.

Btw, there are viruses for Macs, but no one writes them because they are only 3-5% of the market place. So if you want to cause **** you write viruses for the 90% of the market.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Overpriced crapware....my a$$. It's just like hiring a landscape contractor vs a lawn jockey, you get what you pay for! And if I wanna play games I have an xbox. Much more fun to play and playing games on computers is for nerds.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glory69 View Post
Overpriced crapware....my a$$. It's just like hiring a landscape contractor vs a lawn jockey, you get what you pay for! And if I wanna play games I have an xbox. Much more fun to play and playing games on computers is for nerds.
Xboxes are for baby sitting the kids. At least you can distinguish between a computer and a Mac.

Tell you what, Name One productive thing a mac can do that a computer running windows can't? I have adobe creative suite cs5, which includes photoshop, dreamweaver, illustrator. It used to be that "Artists" and Printers would only use the mac but now every printer has more Pcs then Macs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jixbz...layer_embedded

This is funny, it's what PC users can do that Mac users can't

Last edited by Lawncutting27; 12-11-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Not going to get involved in the feces fight. I have both but I love my Macbook Pro. I've run my quickbooks application on the windows desktop the last couple of years, but will switch over to the mac in the near future since I need to upgrade anyway. The real question is Droid or iphone?

Equipment:
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
2009 5'x10' Utility Trailer
2011 Scag Tiger Cat 48" Deck
2005 Wright Sentar 48" Deck
22" Toro Recycler Push Mower
Stihl BR380 Blower
Poulan Pro hand held blower
Echo HC-150 Hedge Trimmer
Echo PE-230 Edger
Echo SRM-260 Trimmer
Red Max BCZ2401S Trimmer
Old 02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How about this, I have my Mac min setup on my Samsung with HDMI cable...did you know that the most powerful OS in the world cannot globally change font sizes without effecting the overall screen resolution...Windows XP can do that, along with Vista, Win7. So the mini as a media center is dumb...I am left to zoom the screen using ctrl+mouse roller so I can see it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Sponsor

Not got familiar with a droid

Not got familiar with a droid yet but completely happy with my Iphone 4 and now that its available on verizon maybe AT&T will lower there rates. I did play around with an Ipad today and really liked it although i cant see it taking place of my macbook as i like the qwerty keyboard but the ipad would be could for traveling and reading ebooks. Who's got an Ipad and whats the good bad and the ugly on them?

Buy Sell & Trade Lawn & landscaping route accounts. The online market place for route accounts.
http://Tradeyouraccounts.com
http://facebook.com/ServiceRoutes
http://twitter.com/ServiceRoutes
Old 02-07-2011, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I own 4 PCs 2 running XP, 1 running Vista, and 1 running Windows 7. I'm also on my second Droid phone and love them. I think the whole mac and "I" thing is a fad that's got out off hand. A PC will do everything a mac will for half the cost, and have you ever seen a PC run a dual opperating system with mac software, nope, not need to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2011, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
I hate it because it can't run anything I need to run on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Such as? I have been on a mac for the past 8 years and I've never found a program i wanted that couldnt been run on a mac. I dont play games tho because Im not 12