Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
juststartin juststartin is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Macon GA
Posts: 341
The saga continues... seems to be some discrepencies. They say it cost them 1k a day to operate then it takes 300 gallons a day of fuel at $5 a gallon to operate. They don't have fuel for 4th of july weekend? They find $3 worth of gold and are excited? They bring their families and almost lose one to bears and another to an allergic reaction not to mention added expense and hassle?

I have never seen so many grown men hug each other. I don't think I have ever hugged an employee.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Ozz's Avatar
Ozz Ozz is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin View Post
The saga continues... seems to be some discrepencies. They say it cost them 1k a day to operate then it takes 300 gallons a day of fuel at $5 a gallon to operate. They don't have fuel for 4th of july weekend? They find $3 worth of gold and are excited? They bring their families and almost lose one to bears and another to an allergic reaction not to mention added expense and hassle?

I have never seen so many grown men hug each other. I don't think I have ever hugged an employee.
It would cost them $1k a day to operate, when you include equipment payments, and supplies there. I've worked out of places like that where you have to pack in your supplies, and pack out your trash. It's a logistical feat to keep a site like that supplied.

Why they don't have fuel for the 4th of july weekend? They probably burnt more fuel that they expected, or are behind schedule.

I wouldn't take anaybody else out onto a site like that execpt for my crew and myself. That part doesn't make sense. As far as the reactions, they only have one option to avoid getting eaten alive from mosquitoes- DEET powered repellant. I don't know how anybody reacts to DEET. I know once they've used it, though.

I'm not trying to insult you, but you don't know the **** you simply have to do to run a job in a very, very remote location. There are more expenses that fuel and mainstay equipment (excavators, dozers, loaders, trucks etc.) There is a periphery of stuff to do to run those jobs that you don't take note of when running a job with easy access.
__________________
Sean- Applying old school fixes to new problems.
Caterpillar and Komatsu heavy equipment, Husqvarna saws, Stihl everything else that runs on gas.
Je joue la guitare basse aussi.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-08-2011, 10:43 PM
juststartin juststartin is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Macon GA
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
It would cost them $1k a day to operate, when you include equipment payments, and supplies there. I've worked out of places like that where you have to pack in your supplies, and pack out your trash. It's a logistical feat to keep a site like that supplied.

Why they don't have fuel for the 4th of july weekend? They probably burnt more fuel that they expected, or are behind schedule.

I wouldn't take anaybody else out onto a site like that execpt for my crew and myself. That part doesn't make sense. As far as the reactions, they only have one option to avoid getting eaten alive from mosquitoes- DEET powered repellant. I don't know how anybody reacts to DEET. I know once they've used it, though.

I'm not trying to insult you, but you don't know the **** you simply have to do to run a job in a very, very remote location. There are more expenses that fuel and mainstay equipment (excavators, dozers, loaders, trucks etc.) There is a periphery of stuff to do to run those jobs that you don't take note of when running a job with easy access.
You misinterpreted my post.

My point was... they said they burn $1500 a day in fuel alone. Then the head tamahauk says it cost them only $1000 per day in operating expenses. Maybe we should ship them a calculator.

When is the last time you hugged some dude that worked for you?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Ozz's Avatar
Ozz Ozz is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin View Post
You misinterpreted my post.

My point was... they said they burn $1500 a day in fuel alone. Then the head tamahauk says it cost them only $1000 per day in operating expenses. Maybe we should ship them a calculator.

When is the last time you hugged some dude that worked for you?
Oh... I've hugged a guy working for me. I have, however, had a very sexy female I had feelings to "hug" that worked for me.
__________________
Sean- Applying old school fixes to new problems.
Caterpillar and Komatsu heavy equipment, Husqvarna saws, Stihl everything else that runs on gas.
Je joue la guitare basse aussi.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Even Cut Lawn Care's Avatar
Even Cut Lawn Care Even Cut Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Plains, Missouri
Posts: 654
I don't see how that generator burned 100 gallons of fuel in 45 minutes...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:22 PM
juststartin juststartin is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Macon GA
Posts: 341
kinda looked like hoodrats firing their guns off as well
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:49 PM
zak406 zak406 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: irwin pa
Posts: 1,497
IS it me or is that dorsey guy a big whiney *****. When I imagine gravel rat, I think of dorsey.
Lives with parents- check
Has no clue whats going on- check
Bitches and cries over every little ******* thing- sure enough check

Its obvious to me now why we havnt had any crappy gravel rat threads lately, He is in alaska mining

The only question i have is, how did dorsey land his wife... Shes not bad looking at all....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2011, 12:03 AM
ksss's Avatar
ksss ksss is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rigby, Idaho
Posts: 6,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by zak406 View Post
IS it me or is that dorsey guy a big whiney *****. When I imagine gravel rat, I think of dorsey.


Its obvious to me now why we havnt had any crappy gravel rat threads lately, He is in alaska mining


I have been wondering what may have caused the reduction in GR threads. I suspect that the Mods may have had a chat with him.

I have been on here for 7-8 years and I have never seen the mods have to manage this forum as much as they have had to recently. I think we used to be one of the better behaved forums on this site, don't think that is the case anymore.
__________________
See us at www.kaiserskidsteer.com

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2011, 12:13 AM
zak406 zak406 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: irwin pa
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I have been wondering what may have caused the reduction in GR threads. I suspect that the Mods may have had a chat with him.

I have been on here for 7-8 years and I have never seen the mods have to manage this forum as much as they have had to recently. I think we used to be one of the better behaved forums on this site, don't think that is the case anymore.
Now that you mention it im going on my 5th year on this site in general lol!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 AM
M & MD Lawn's Avatar
M & MD Lawn M & MD Lawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 521
The old guy gets me with the " no guts no glory" lmao, I think he takes that a little too serious, but i must say it is hard to watch because its always a accident waiting to happen and i can see it coming and i have never mined a day in my life.
__________________
Paul W. Smith
Me and My Diddy Lawn Care LLC
Owner/Operator

22 Years Old
10 Years in Business

-Commercial/ Residential
-Full Service.. Lawn Care, Landscaping, Estate Care, Snow & Ice Management

http://www.facebook.com/MMDLC

As of Dec. 2013 College is over and I'm full time!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.10968 seconds with 7 queries