Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2010, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Vacations

Where do any of you go for some R & R in the winter if you're not stuck plowing?

I will take a couple of weeks in late January or early February. Usually it is on a cruise or a specific destination.

This year I'm heading to Fort Lauderdale for a couple of days, then picking up the new Oasis of the Seas cruise ship for a week, then back and heading to Miami for the boat show.

How about the rest of you?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

do the same thing. Usually every november my wife and I meet up with about ten other people (family and friends) from MA for a cruise. No plowing to worry about here. done that for the last seven years. Tough to get out of here in the summer but we went to MA for 10 days in July this year and spent time at Marthas vineyard, maine and south shore of MA. Going on a short cruise for christams with wife son and brother in law. It's nice to get away!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My girlfriend has been trying to get me up to the New England area for years...she was born in Rochester, NY and has family in Conneticut. Still have not made it there.

I would like to check out Nantucket just to see what it is like. I watched an episode of This Old House awhile back and they were doing a project there...kinda peeked my interest.

I hear ya about getting away in the summer. I try to do a long weekend once in awhile during that time. Being solo does have it's disadvantages sometimes, but I would not change the way I'm set up now.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass4gas View Post
My girlfriend has been trying to get me up to the New England area for years...she was born in Rochester, NY and has family in Conneticut. Still have not made it there.

I would like to check out Nantucket just to see what it is like. I watched an episode of This Old House awhile back and they were doing a project there...kinda peeked my interest.

I hear ya about getting away in the summer. I try to do a long weekend once in awhile during that time. Being solo does have it's disadvantages sometimes, but I would not change the way I'm set up now.
New england is a really cool place for lots of reasons. Nantucket and marthas vineyard are awesome. This old house is based out of Milton MA...not far from where I grew up.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The wife and I are going to do the Orlando area for some golf someitme this winter but the big trip is Greece. I have a handicapped daughter that was selected to represent the US for Special Olympics in tennis. I've only been to europe once before and loved it. Thought this would be a good excuse.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

about vacations, a lot of northern people go to florida for vacations, where do florida people go for vacations?
Old 12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
about vacations, a lot of northern people go to florida for vacations, where do florida people go for vacations?
in the winter I usually cruise, if its summer I head to MA
Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawntennis View Post
The wife and I are going to do the Orlando area for some golf someitme this winter but the big trip is Greece. I have a handicapped daughter that was selected to represent the US for Special Olympics in tennis. I've only been to europe once before and loved it. Thought this would be a good excuse.
congrats, you must be proud. I never have gone over the big pond. My sister just got back from italy and she loved it.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Summer: We compleatly shut down in july for 2 weeks and head too Disney and plenty of 3 day weekends on the cape when ever we can
Winter: we head back to Disney for 4 weeks from late Dec-Late Jan. Plus plenty of last minute 4/5 day trips to NH and Maine for skiing

Thats what I love about this business. Doing mostly fert and irrigation, can easily get a solid 2+ weeks in the summer and then christmas-about easter off all winter
Old 12-12-2010, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
My father still lives in western NY. I go back for deer season and holidays. Never much of a chance during the warm weather for time off.
Posted via Mobile Device