Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984buzzard View Post
anyone use v-nose enclosed trailers?
mine is, love it cause i can carry everything i might need, but have to admit, when i was doin bearings on it this year i used my open trailer for 3 days and that was nice too, didnt have all the stuff on there, just what i knew i would need.. But overall the enclosed was probably the best thing i ever bought
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984buzzard View Post
anyone use v-nose enclosed trailers?
I just ordered a 7x16 v-nose Pace and can't wait. Instead of buying a 18ft. and paying about $400 more, i get a 7x17.6". From what I have seen that installing shelving would be a space saver than taking from your equip. space. You still have 16' and possibly more under the shelves. I did add 2 side vents and upgrade to radial tires.

2012 60" Exmark Lazer X series
2008 36" Exmark Viking
2005 Isuzu NPR 16' Box
Bunch of other crap!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Lawn Works LLC View Post
If I had nothing and was looking to invest in something that cost 6500+ dollars I would have to buy an enclosed box truck. Do it right and do it one time. I mean think about it you can get a used one for that much that is in good shape. They are diesels and can pull what ever you want to pull. and they are a moving storage unit.

Plus if you get a big enough enclosed trailer to me the only right way to do that imo is to have a deisel to pull it with. More money. So now your looking at maintaining another peice of equipment (A 16ft trailer.)

When I think about making a decision like this I think about the future and ask myself can the company expand into this? And when I think about running multiple crews out of a pickup truck and a trailer..... Well it's just not something I want to do.

Think about it. If you could have one machine that did everything on a mowing standpoint, would you choose that or choose to have 5 different peices that did the same as that one? [/i][/size]
that would work for the southern guys..............
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures

Last edited by Puddle of Oil; 02-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.