Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-13-2010, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Starting Up In 2010

Im looking to start up in the spring of 2011, I have been working in the landscape industry for eight years now and im going to be completing my junior year of college studying landscape architecture with many classes in horticulture as well. Im on my last full time semester of school and the following year and a half I only have two classes a semester I figured it would be good to get a customer base going this year. Im planning on moving to Rhode Island to do this since I have fallen in love with this state going to school here. I currently have a 93 f250 in very nice shape, getting my great dane stander 48" stander back for only1300 with low hours on it and I already have hand tools and other misc equipment, but will probably get new handhelds since the previous handhelds I had before going to college are home cheapo echos. Also I'm most likely going to finance a enclosed trailer since the place I am living at does not have enough storage and a enclosed is traveling billboard. I have learned a lot of what to do and what not to do working for other landscapers and being project managers from them. I also have part time oppurtunities with two other lco's I work for now for next year to keep me busy since most likely I will not be full time first year but I hope to be. Im hoping for the best next year any comments or questions are welcome, sorry for the novel and here are some pics of my previous work I have done by myself.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

The outdoor kitchen was done by the homeowner, he only had me do the pavers funny thing is the guy built the what you see there before measuring for appliances so he had to go back and knock holes in his work to fit it in. And the other homeowner was doing his own sod around the driveway island plantings.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Post should say starting up in 2011 guess this is what happens when you lawnsite while trying to study for a surveying final.