Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2010, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Imitation is the highest compliment

After seeing all of dirtman2007's videos of his brush mower I couldn't help myself. I purchased the same mower and took some video of it in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k10fveaXvA I really like it although it is a hand full for the T190. I am still working out what pace to go and the right angle for the mower. I am still nerous about making sure the stumps are cut low enough to not mess with the tracks.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1toomanyhobbies View Post
After seeing all of dirtman2007's videos of his brush mower I couldn't help myself. I purchased the same mower and took some video of it in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k10fveaXvA I really like it although it is a hand full for the T190. I am still working out what pace to go and the right angle for the mower. I am still nerous about making sure the stumps are cut low enough to not mess with the tracks.
Nice mower.

Sounds like the blades stop turning when you cut some of those trees down. They are small, so the mower should go through them like butter. Might try running a higher rpm and the owners manual should give you an ideal rpm range.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turn that SOB (throttle) up and get something done!

I've been watching your post and wish I had your money for this little part time new experiment you've got going on.

Bobcat 335 = 20K-30K
Bobcat T190= 24K
Mower = 3K-4K
Stumpbucket= 1K
Trailer = 3K

Experience = 0 0 0 0 0

Another lower bidder on the market = Priceless!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatexc View Post

I've been watching your post and wish I had your money for this little part time new experiment you've got going on.

Bobcat 335 = 20K-30K
Bobcat T190= 24K
Mower = 3K-4K
Stumpbucket= 1K
Trailer = 3K

Experience = 0 0 0 0 0

Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Bobcat 335 = 20K-30K
Bobcat T190= 24K
Mower = 3K-4K
Stumpbucket= 1K
Trailer = 3K

Experience = 0 0 0 0 0

What difference does it make if he doesn`t have any experience? everybody has to start somewhere, Did you just wake up one day and know how to do everything? If he has the money to buy the equipment and learn how to run it more power to him, and just because somebody is new to the business doesn`t mean they are just another low bidder. Come on grow up!!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I figured you would have gotton the one a size smaller for the T190! LOL its big for my TL150! Glad you like it, but do keep an eye on the blade to make sure it does not get loose and fall off like mine did. So far I've had good luck with the new unit they replaced mine with. I guess I just got a dud.

Just lift the deck up a foot or two off the ground and go out and wiggle the blades, if the center disk moves you need to stop and get it fixed before it comes off and messes something up or kills someone.

as far as cutting trees, I run mine wide ass open. On taller trees or dense ones you cant just run over them, you have to pick the mower up and drop them down on them as you back up. Of not it just boggs the mower down till it stops.

Just be careful and keep that thing tilted away from the cab as it will hurl logs out about 75'!!

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackCat View Post
What difference does it make if he doesn`t have any experience? everybody has to start somewhere, Did you just wake up one day and know how to do everything? If he has the money to buy the equipment and learn how to run it more power to him, and just because somebody is new to the business doesn`t mean they are just another low bidder. Come on grow up!!
Ditto! Seems to me like he's out there giving it his best to "do his best". While it may be a tough go, I applaud him for his efforts. I haven't seen any of his work bids...so, "Judge not, that ye be not judged.- Matthew".
Old 12-16-2010, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Well I guess I disagree, where in a service orientated industry and most people I know want somebody that's experienced working on their projects that don't take for ever. Its no different then somebody that has never been under the hood of a car one day decides to go out a buy 50K worth of Snap On tools and building because they've seen it on the Internet or YouTube, so would you guys take your truck to them - NO!!

I agree we all started somewhere, but what happened to working for somebody else, or renting equipment or buying one piece at a time until work and experience comes in. Who goes out and spends 50K on equipment that has never been around it and decides to start a business because they've seen it on YouTube and it looks neat. If he has the money and is just play in in his backyard sandbox fine, but he stated somewhere this is a business he's starting. I've seen guys like this come and go over the years around here. I hope his business is more landscaping then excavating.

I love this Forum, somebody speaks up and tells it the way they see it and everybody gets all defensive for the guy.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
somebody speaks up and tells it the way they see it
If you value being told the way it is then shut up and quit whining. If you think that its "not fair" that I can start off with two pieces of equipment then that is YOUR problem. I have a full time job that pays all the bills except the equipment. My business plan for the first year is for the equipment to be able to make their own payments. In the mean time I get the following benefits.

1) Learn what it is like to run my own business. The hidden costs, how to build a customer base, understand what it really takes to make a business work
2) See if owning my own business is something I excel at or if I prefer to just work for someone else and let them handle the headache
3) Joy of operating the equipment

If this was my primary income then sure it would be smart to work for someone else to learn the business and equipment. However in my situation, to quit a job that is footing all the bills would be idiotic. I have access to family land with an old hunt cabin where I can do work and practice before offering it as a service.

You really mouthed off about something you knew nothing about. I get the impression that is standard practice for you. If you want to live in a country where you can tell what they can and can't do just because that's what YOU think is right, get the hell out of the USA and find a communist country to live in.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Bobcat 335 = 20K-30K
Bobcat T190= 24K
Mower = 3K-4K
Stumpbucket= 1K
Trailer = 3K

Experience = 0 0 0 0 0

Internet dickhead = WORTHLESS!!!