Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-16-2010, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1toomanyhobbies View Post
If you value being told the way it is then shut up and quit whining. If you think that its "not fair" that I can start off with two pieces of equipment then that is YOUR problem. I have a full time job that pays all the bills except the equipment. My business plan for the first year is for the equipment to be able to make their own payments. In the mean time I get the following benefits.

1) Learn what it is like to run my own business. The hidden costs, how to build a customer base, understand what it really takes to make a business work
2) See if owning my own business is something I excel at or if I prefer to just work for someone else and let them handle the headache
3) Joy of operating the equipment

If this was my primary income then sure it would be smart to work for someone else to learn the business and equipment. However in my situation, to quit a job that is footing all the bills would be idiotic. I have access to family land with an old hunt cabin where I can do work and practice before offering it as a service.

You really mouthed off about something you knew nothing about. I get the impression that is standard practice for you. If you want to live in a country where you can tell what they can and can't do just because that's what YOU think is right, get the hell out of the USA and find a communist country to live in.
That, and he slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 12-16-2010, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

You might even pick up some extra jobs, when working close to the highway. I have and some people stop just to watch, just make sure they are at least 300ft away.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1toomanyhobbies View Post
If you value being told the way it is then shut up and quit whining. If you think that its "not fair" that I can start off with two pieces of equipment then that is YOUR problem. I have a full time job that pays all the bills except the equipment. My business plan for the first year is for the equipment to be able to make their own payments. In the mean time I get the following benefits.

1) Learn what it is like to run my own business. The hidden costs, how to build a customer base, understand what it really takes to make a business work
2) See if owning my own business is something I excel at or if I prefer to just work for someone else and let them handle the headache
3) Joy of operating the equipment

If this was my primary income then sure it would be smart to work for someone else to learn the business and equipment. However in my situation, to quit a job that is footing all the bills would be idiotic. I have access to family land with an old hunt cabin where I can do work and practice before offering it as a service.

You really mouthed off about something you knew nothing about. I get the impression that is standard practice for you. If you want to live in a country where you can tell what they can and can't do just because that's what YOU think is right, get the hell out of the USA and find a communist country to live in.
Well said Todd!!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Blah,Blah, What ever, keep us posted on your successful adventure!!! I'm sure after a couple of projects on the family property you'll have all the tricks of the trade mastered!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatexc View Post
Blah,Blah, What ever, keep us posted on your successful adventure!!! I'm sure after a couple of projects on the family property you'll have all the tricks of the trade mastered!
You sound like such an ass, but thats just my opinion...

1 too many hobbies, keep it up and dont mind the "jealous" haters