Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Turf Tracer 60" is an 800# 23hp walk behind. I doubt pull start would work with the 750cc Kohler V-twin.

The cart pulls ok, but uneven terrain can be a bigger issue and maintaining walking speed, especially with hills. However, if you think about my equipment--walk behind mower, walk behind dingo (actually, walk backwards a lot), walk behind aerator (always walking backwards), push spreader--you may see a theme. At least I don't try to carry it! But then there is the 4gal backpack electric sprayer I picked up at Harbor Freight, the Echo 770 blower, and the upcoming Maruyama 30cc multi-tool.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its just going to be heavy...I know a Gallon is 10 pounds so add that to all your hardware and your looking At least 70 pounds!

I made a small sprayer but i didnt want to mount it to my mower but i also wanted to be able to pull it with my golf cart or atv
so i just made a nice wagon/ cart that i can pull with my ZTR
THen my sprayer is mounted to a Skid like platform that i can just drop in and strap it down.

Look on here! There are many guys with mounted sprayers
Old 05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The deck is 400#. If you run a leaf catcher, loaded that can be 70-100#, and hanging off one side rather than distributed across the frame. The mower is strong enough to handle different terrain and bang into stuff (within reason) and not break. The full tank, with 200# of water plus the 100# assembly shouldn't be a problem.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Which Teejet nozzles did you get?
Old 05-28-2011, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It came with yellow 8002s, which should be around .21gpm per nozzle at 45psi indicated on the gauge.

Nozzles catalog sheet: http://www.teejet.com/media/b7092bea...LoRes_p039.pdf

Sprayer manual: http://www.fimcoindustries.com/image...-71(FM690).pdf
Old 05-28-2011, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would switch those for the AI11002 nozzles. Regular nozzles drift badly and the 80 degree tips are the worst because you have to hold them so high to get the proper pattern overlap. An AI110 can be held 16" off the ground at a 20" spacing on the boom. I know this because I am in an extremely windy area. It is usually blowing 5-10 MPH and 20 with gusts becomes a no spray day.

My typical spray rig is a 3 nozzle 40" hand held boom. I do not walk backwards. Aside from a little spray materials on my chemical resistant boots, there are no problems associated with my walking through the area I sprayed. Walking through a sprayed area also does not affect weed control either. Of course, my mixes are formulated with the correct surfactants and additives. I expect every droplet to cling and then spread. It is not like droplets of dew on the weeds after I have sprayed.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 05-28-2011, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is using two factors, drop size (the AI11002 has about 3x the average drop diameter as the TP8002) and spray angle (110° vs. 80°) to reduce wind sensitivity by increasing drop mass and reducing spray height respectively.

The TeeJet catalog lists the AI (Air Induction) nozzles for use between rows of crops. It indicates the bigger drops are better for systemic applications and the finer drops are better for contact application.

Fimco probably chose the TP8002 for a combination of versatility and cost.

Do you use the AI11002 for contact pesticides and foliar fertilizers?

TeeJet catalog download page: http://www.teejet.com/english/home/l...atalog-51.aspx
Old 05-28-2011, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use AI1103-11008 dependent on application volume and wind conditions. It is hard to blow the spray pattern on an AI11008. I do use these nozzles for contact products and foliar nutrients. My spray equipment has the capacity to operate anywhere from 25-100+ PSI. For foliar nutrients, I operate the correct size tip to put down 1-2 Gallons per 1000 at over 50 PSI.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There are also 2 AI nozzles, one is for broadcast on a boom and the other is for drop nozzles in between rows of crops. I use the one intended for broadcast application.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
Its just going to be heavy...I know a Gallon is 10 pounds so add that to all your hardware and your looking At least 70 pounds!

I made a small sprayer but i didnt want to mount it to my mower but i also wanted to be able to pull it with my golf cart or atv
so i just made a nice wagon/ cart that i can pull with my ZTR
THen my sprayer is mounted to a Skid like platform that i can just drop in and strap it down.

Look on here! There are many guys with mounted sprayers
A gallon of what? A gallon of water is 8.34lbs.