Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-31-2011, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Member

what about a walker boom sprayer attachment? 25 gal.. looks decent, do you think this would mount to a WB? anyone use a walker sprayer before? http://www.walkermowers.com/attachme...om-sprayer.php
Old 05-31-2011, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Member

they look to be available for bad boy mowers as well.. although they look the exact same :P probably one made by fimco.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is very similar to the FIMCO ATV sprayer. Of course, walker has the mount for their unit. The mount seems to be a fairly simple structure that lies over the front most part of the floating deck frame. I am planning to just use a pieces of plywood, use the u-bolts to mount the unit to the plywood and tie downs to hold the plywood to the floating deck frame.

The Walker also has a curtain to keep spray off the mower, and of course, the operating is riding so he isn't walking through the sprayed area. However, the mower's tires are going through it.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Member

sounds cool david, can't wait to see it.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey David, any news on your WB spray rig?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have it together...had to make some design changes. Hopefully I'll get to try it tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I just took my walkbehind in to a FIMCO dealer here and priced out a 25 gal. sprayer on the front of a JD GS75, which is a 48" deck, 17 HP, belt drive walk behind. i'll take the deck off which will save some weight. it should work great, and only about $600 CDN. does that price seem decent?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Which Fimco?

If it's not the ATV-25-71, I think that's high.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Member

hmm, no its the one with the smaller boom, the ATV-25-700. what do you figure its worth?
Old 06-16-2011, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ATV-25-71, I got it on e-bay for just over $400.

I was planning on taking pictures this evening, but was only seeing 20psi. Checked the electrics...no apparent problem. Re-read the manual, saw the valve on the inlet, took a look, there is a screen filter there. That was a screen filter covered with grass. I guess I had some grass on my arms when I filled the tank.

I have 2 2x4s going across the front caster arms for a base. Squared off 3" wide U-bolts hold the 2x4s to the caster arms. The bolt tops face up to clear the casters and the top of the threads needed to be cut off to clear the tank.

Another short pair pair of 2x4s (about 11" long) are bolted to the bottom of the assembly and rest on the other 2x4s. .Two ratcheting tie downs hold the tank to the base. That provides an option for removing the tank or tipping it to drain fully.

The boom mount is reversed so it is up rather than down. The nozzle outlet is 19" off the ground. The 15' hose is shorter than I'd like; the areas I have to use the hose can be more than 15' away. As a stream it seem to shoot a good 25+', adequate for most trees.

So far I've been lazy with the power cord, running it over the air filter, around the choke knob (which left the on/off switch right at my finger tips) and the down between the handlebars and the engine to the top of the battery.

The extra weight on nose has made traction a bit more of an issue. On a walkbehind, an 800# walkbehind, traction is generally not an issue. However, with the extra 70# on the nose, actually part of it in front of the nose, it becomes a bit of an issue. I've needed to be more conscious of the relative wheel speeds. However, the Exmark's bullhorn handlebars and controls make that control fairly easy.

The 10 foot boom is really nifty...it handles large areas fairly quickly. I have two valves to turn off the side 2 nozzles on each of the left and right side extensions but haven't installed then yet. The boom is designed to hang off the back of an ATV; on the front of the mower it is reversed. That means the extension don't bend back if they hit something. You need to be careful not to bang the arms into trees, fences, etc. The 10 foot boom is wide enough that it wouldn't be practical on a smaller lot.

Pictures to follow...maybe even a quick video. For $410 or so plus maybe $40 is wood, bolts, and tiedowns, this is pretty nifty.