Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-16-2010, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

New CASE skid steers

Well as I said I sent an email (sorry just one MOREDIRT) to CASE reference the information that I and the BC rep had posted on here reference the new CNH skid steer. I will not post that email here but it expressed my concerns (and it was perhaps a little abrupt). I got a call today from a regional rep. They are flying me to AZ during the first week of Feb to run them. I look forward to running these machines for myself and hopefully get some answers to my questions.

I am happy that I got a phone call from someone high enough up the food chain as to speak intelligently about the program. One of the emails I got back initially suggested that I contact my dealer with any questions. This was a canned response but I about went into orbit with that answer.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good to hear, you need a sidekick for the trip? There is some good stuff in the new models but am very unsure not having the big motor. Without that motor in my opinion puts Case back in the pack. I'm also not so excited to have NH and Case be pretty much the same.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Good to hear, you need a sidekick for the trip? There is some good stuff in the new models but am very unsure not having the big motor. Without that motor in my opinion puts Case back in the pack. I'm also not so excited to have NH and Case be pretty much the same.

That was exactly what I told the rep. I voiced my issues about not having the 4.5 in the lineup among other things. He responded with we'll pick you up and send you to AZ to run them for yourself. How do you say no to that.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
That was exactly what I told the rep. I voiced my issues about not having the 4.5 in the lineup among other things. He responded with we'll pick you up and send you to AZ to run them for yourself. How do you say no to that.
That's awesome that they are doing that. I have to respect any company who believes in their product enough to put their money where their mouth is.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I look forward to hearing how they are. If I can think of any concerns I'll pass them along...

How soon till some machines hit the ground?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
Yah, not having a big block in the Case machines pretty much distinguished them from the rest of SSLs/CTLs.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Yah, not having a big block in the Case machines pretty much distinguished them from the rest of SSLs/CTLs.
Exactly, especially the big models like the 450/465, I can maybe see the mid frame models using that 3.2 but still would prefer the 4.5. Honestly, I can live with the fuel consumption, how do you give up that much torque like the 'new' 440(220?). At first I thought the emissions was the reason but the 4.5 is still used in the tractors? Would space be an issue?

I would gladly meet a Case rep at Tomahawk...
Old 12-17-2010, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=stuvecorp;3826058]Good to hear, you need a sidekick for the trip? There is some good stuff in the new models but am very unsure not having the big motor. Without that motor in my opinion puts Case back in the pack. I'm also not so excited to have NH and Case be pretty much the same.[ /Q ] Well lovers of Case and NH get use to them being the same and at some point if the history of other manufacturers is any indication the exact same. When big companys merge part or the economic reason is to eliminate redundency. As mergers become more common the number of choices dwindle and in time they begin to build for other oems, even more so. (i.e. Nissan Frontier-Suzuki Equator Gehl CTL- Takeuchi)

Last edited by meador56; 12-17-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: ran together
Old 12-17-2010, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=meador56;3826347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Good to hear, you need a sidekick for the trip? There is some good stuff in the new models but am very unsure not having the big motor. Without that motor in my opinion puts Case back in the pack. I'm also not so excited to have NH and Case be pretty much the same.[ /Q ] Well lovers of Case and NH get use to them being the same and at some point if the history of other manufacturers is any indication the exact same. When big companys merge part or the economic reason is to eliminate redundency. As mergers become more common the number of choices dwindle and in time they begin to build for other oems, even more so. (i.e. Nissan Frontier-Suzuki Equator Gehl CTL- Takeuchi)
This is one of Fiat's weaknesses IMO. They have a tend to combine assy and MFG processes with different companies they purchase. While this makes sense cost of MFG wise, it comes with a price to them. If one of these companies struggles or needs to be liquidated, it becomes impossible for Fiat to separate it out. What part do you liquidate without affecting the other?

I've seen this with Fiat years ago when things we're tough on them. Apparently they have not changed their business model as a result of that.

The other side affect is they blend items to the point that the only difference is Name, model #, decals and color. I'm actually surprised it's taken Fiat this long to start combining them.

It's going to be tough on dealers selling same items as their somewhat competitor just different paint.

Back when NH made the Deere sslder chassis it was pretty tough selling against MH dealers. We did have our own power plants but besides that no real difference. That all changed in 1999.

We still have this in other models of our equipment, as well as other brands do as stated above.

I wonder where all this will be in about ten years from now... with all brands?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=Skidsteerman;3826681]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meador56 View Post

This is one of Fiat's weaknesses IMO. They have a tend to combine assy and MFG processes with different companies they purchase. While this makes sense cost of MFG wise, it comes with a price to them. If one of these companies struggles or needs to be liquidated, it becomes impossible for Fiat to separate it out. What part do you liquidate without affecting the other?

I've seen this with Fiat years ago when things we're tough on them. Apparently they have not changed their business model as a result of that.

The other side affect is they blend items to the point that the only difference is Name, model #, decals and color. I'm actually surprised it's taken Fiat this long to start combining them.

It's going to be tough on dealers selling same items as their somewhat competitor just different paint.

Back when NH made the Deere sslder chassis it was pretty tough selling against MH dealers. We did have our own power plants but besides that no real difference. That all changed in 1999.

We still have this in other models of our equipment, as well as other brands do as stated above.

I wonder where all this will be in about ten years from now... with all brands?
Yeah, it kinda sucks with the big conglomerates and how they do stuff. For awhile it was okay getting the Iveco big motor...