Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-19-2010, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

mustang/gehl track loaders

We are looking at getting another ctl, currently have tl 150, like a 130 size. I m looking at gehl or mustang because of shorter cab height. I have heard that the ac and heater or not up to par in these machines. Anybody running these with ac and heaters? how do they perform?
Old 12-19-2010, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemover View Post
We are looking at getting another ctl, currently have tl 150, like a 130 size. I m looking at gehl or mustang because of shorter cab height. I have heard that the ac and heater or not up to par in these machines. Anybody running these with ac and heaters? how do they perform?
The Tak, Gehls and Mustangs all have the same cab height?
Old 12-19-2010, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i was told hvac units and cabs where put on my mustang and gehl(hence swing out door) and that is the only differences between the machines
Old 12-19-2010, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know how the different height in cab makes for less of an HVAC system, I find my Takeuchi A/C to be a few degrees colder than an arctic outflow wind and the heater to be just shy of death valley.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 12-19-2010, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

They list all of them at 84 inches height but they say the TL130 with cab is 88 inches without cab 84 inches?

What is your height on yours Ron.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

they put a totally different hvac system in gehl and mustangs. Just wonder if anybody is running them. My tl 150 system is great
Old 12-19-2010, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
They list all of them at 84 inches height but they say the TL130 with cab is 88 inches without cab 84 inches?

What is your height on yours Ron.
90" to the top of the cab.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

More people own the Gehl/ Mustangs around here than the Tak's. Never heard a issue with the A/C in them. When I bought my TL140 in 07 the Gehl 70 with the swing out door was a few inches shorter
Old 12-19-2010, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemover View Post
Honestly if you can get past the ride, they are a nice unit. Seeing Swanny's videos with the NextGen tracks and hearing from my Mustang salesman's experience with other guys running some different tracks is they are great. I used the Mtl16(It's also for sale ) this fall when it was cold and I think it heated up great, it has vents under the seat so my feat were nice without wearing boots. I can't say how the air was, just dropped the side windows and ran the fan and was fine. Didn't Bobcat Ron re-charge his air and it was all good?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Honestly if you can get past the ride, they are a nice unit. Seeing Swanny's videos with the NextGen tracks and hearing from my Mustang salesman's experience with other guys running some different tracks is they are great. I used the Mtl16(It's also for sale ) this fall when it was cold and I think it heated up great, it has vents under the seat so my feat were nice without wearing boots. I can't say how the air was, just dropped the side windows and ran the fan and was fine. Didn't Bobcat Ron re-charge his air and it was all good?
Yup, had it recharged just before the Summer heat wave. Damn coldest A/C by far, even Cat's excavators don't have cold air that chilly. I swear sometimes my hairy nipples felt like they were going to freeze and crack open.