Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-23-2010, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I bought it. Now what do I do with it???

Yo

I recently picked up a VERY USED Toro Workman Boom sprayer CHEAP.

http://www.toro.com/golf/spray/spray/vehicle/200.html

The Boom and tank were stripped off but the PTO is still functional to operate a pump. At present time I have this at my Buddies Shop to be rebuild. His instructions are to put it back to running perfect if possible. At the price I bought it for and what they sell for brand new I can afford to dump some money in it. I would like to put it back to a VERY workable condition.

OK NOW WHAT I DO WITH IT???? No tank at present time so any number of designs can be used.

PS I have some Ideas but would like some more input.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i dont know,but that is awesome for doing very large applications(which i assume you have) and it should be fun.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Multipro 1250 and use it for athletic fields
Old 12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i dont know,but that is awesome for doing very large applications(which i assume you have) and it should be fun.
Grassman

Decked out with Boom and Foam mark etc, brand new I am thinking it runs around $ 25 K. The foam Marker set up is still there but not working. I believe it only needs a new Compressor to work. But the Boom is long gone. It has a 17 hp Kohler which the newer ones now have a 20 hp. But the 3 speed transmission and rear axle in great shape as is the Frame etc.

While I am hoping the present engine will run great, to replace it would not be a deal breaker. I recently gave my Motorcycle away because rebuilding the engine was a deal breaker for me. I felt the old Bike wasn't worth the cost of repair.

Yes I have some Ideas on what to do with it. But I am open to suggestions.

superintendent

At one time I did some Pro Bo no on the High School fields. But I really felt used when a school clerk screwed up and put my competitors name on my work in the yearly schedule. Today the county has the former greens keeper for one of the major league baseballs teams Spring Training fields. He does an excellent job and everything is done in house now. Government work in Florida seems to be very low ball. Too many Lost cause grandchildren living off of grandma

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 12-23-2010, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

are you going to replace the boom with the original or make your own?

a tank system will be easy to set up, it is all just cut and piece really.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
are you going to replace the boom with the original or make your own?

a tank system will be easy to set up, it is all just cut and piece really.
Grassman

I do know where the original boom is, However it is in very bad shape and I am thinking of either a Boomless nozzle or Buying a boom which is cheaper than trying to build a boom. I think I can add on or modify a boom easier than I can build one from scratch.

http://www.gemplers.com/product/1344...rayer-Boom-Kit

But first order of business is getting the unit running good and making sure it will hold up. I don't mind gambling on it, but I do want to cover my bets.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Ask Stone.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A tank that fits should be available especially if it doesn't need to fit perfectly. But what about a pump? Costly unless you go with a roller pump. Agitation? You should try to set up both a boom and a boomless setup... boomless wide angle nozzle for rough terrain, fence rows, right of way shoulders. Provide a hand gun option if feasable.

http://www.hypropumps.com/en-us/Prod...1/Features.htm

If it floats, you can do the hydrilla, and water milfoil. Watch out for the alligators. Did you hear about the kayaker who was attacked by an alligator? Can you find a suction pump? They need help out on that California football field.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ric I have used a sprayer of this type but not a toro. I guess you are going to use it on big places. The one i used was a Cushman. A little different than the one i use every day but they are nice. How about a bigger boom ? than that atv one with things not needed.

Charles Cue

I will try a attchment
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 266.pdf (118.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
Ric I have used a sprayer of this type but not a toro. I guess you are going to use it on big places. The one i used was a Cushman. A little different than the one i use every day but they are nice. How about a bigger boom ? than that atv one with things not needed.

Charles Cue

I will try a attchment

Charles

The size and type of boom will depend on the application or market I decide to design for. Boom-less Nozzle would be for Blanket Applications where over spray and drift wouldn't be a concern. A shielded boom with foam markers might be for low volume high concentrations of herbicides where drift and over spray are a major problem.

So back to my original question: I bought it, Now What do I do with it??? But the real question is What is the best market this equipment can compete in?? This Equipment is Bigger than a Z Sprayer but not big enough to spray corn or citrus etc. So I am looking for that niche market and will build the machine to fit it. I bought it on an impulse because it looked interesting. I have some Ideas of what to do with it, But I am open to all kinds of suggestions.

In Edit: House lots in my area are TOO small for even Z sprayers to be effective. Therefore the average home is not a target market for this machine.