Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayboy View Post
Can you put some seats along the sides and use it as a taxi to transport the old folks to their shuffleboard games?

You never know?
Actually that has some merit. But instead taxi people from the parking lot to the event they are attending. Foot Ball, Base Ball, concerts, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUtah View Post
And turn the nozzles up to bath em at the same time
Your Humor is good and it gave me the Idea of Mosquito control as an other market for this equipment.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

ric,

that sprayer is a good rig, not my fav but good. Two ideas for you on the chem mowing which I love, but have had a equally difficult time selling is forclosure properties and canal banks. I think you are in the Naples area so I know you have plenty of those. The other thing that I would look into for parts for your spray rig would be golf courses. More often than not, almost all golf courses have bone yards. Being an old golf guy, i always loved to look at everyones bone yard to see what kind of treasures they have. I found all kinds of great stuff!! Some salvagible some not, worth a try.
Bshaffer@thrivelawns.com
www.thrivelawns.com
Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ric,
Have you looked into the orange groves in your area for chemical mowing? I know up here in Lake county they are still bush hogging once every month or two during the summer. It might also help the growers reduce some fert costs.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BShaffer View Post
ric,

that sprayer is a good rig, not my fav but good. Two ideas for you on the chem mowing which I love, but have had a equally difficult time selling is forclosure properties and canal banks. I think you are in the Naples area so I know you have plenty of those. The other thing that I would look into for parts for your spray rig would be golf courses. More often than not, almost all golf courses have bone yards. Being an old golf guy, i always loved to look at everyones bone yard to see what kind of treasures they have. I found all kinds of great stuff!! Some salvagible some not, worth a try.
Thanks

I forgot about those bone yards. I got this work saver real cheap because all the Spray part were stripped. What parts were left were not worth saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Ric,
Have you looked into the orange groves in your area for chemical mowing? I know up here in Lake county they are still bush hogging once every month or two during the summer. It might also help the growers reduce some fert costs.
Johnagain

Good point and maybe an easier sell than you would think. But you realize that is a Two Tank System where a non-select Herbicide is sprayed under the tree while chemically mowing the center turf.

The reason I say easy sell is because there are several ""CARE TAKERS" who specialize on caring for smaller groves. Sell one Care Taker and he sells you to his customers. The Big Groves are already using this technology and have for many years. I plan to make some phone calls about this, but I am not going to rule out they are already doing it in the smaller groves.

BTW I can think of several other set ups that would work using two sprayers for one pass application in Citrus Groves. Ag Certifications are fairly simple to get.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 01-05-2011, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ric,

When someone hits the right idea that makes you very rich with your machine, what % royalties will be paid?

Gotta ask.

Terry
Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ric,

When someone hits the right idea that makes you very rich with your machine, what % royalties will be paid?

Gotta ask.
Sprayboy

Why I will pay the same percentage as everyone else on LS has paid me for my advise over the last 9 years of course, turn about is fair play.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Ric,
Johnagain

I made some calls to some custom applicators "CARE TAKERS" of several smaller groves. They are already Chemically Mowing as part of their Grove Management program. They work on a Percentage of the profits and to be competitive they have to stay up with modern technology.

You realize There is no pesticide Licensing required to apply GUP products to income producing Agricultural land. I can think of all kinds of inexpensive tow behinds that could do Citrus chemical mowing. Remember this is a Pragmatic use of chemicals and if you burn a few spots or make it turn yellow, all the better. This might be a good training ground for other chemical mowing markets that are fine turf.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Sprayboy

Why I will pay the same percentage as everyone else on LS has paid me for my advise over the last 9 years of course, turn about is fair play.
I knew you would have a good resonse for that one.

What about high pressure power washing?

You could always put soap and water in one tank and suntan oil in another, go to the beach and give baths and a fresh coat of suntan oil to all the sun bathing beauties that will be there for spring break.

Terry
Old 01-06-2011, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I knew you would have a good resonse for that one.

What about high pressure power washing?

You could always put soap and water in one tank and suntan oil in another, go to the beach and give baths and a fresh coat of suntan oil to all the sun bathing beauties that will be there for spring break.
Sprayboy

Are you trying to give me a Heart Attack by suggesting I spray down College Girls with oil?? At my age that might be more dangerous than climbing Mt Everest.

Speaking of Soap & Water I have been looking at Foam Markers and how they work. They are actually fairly simple and easy to to build hopefully. Go to You Tube and search home made Foam Machine. I did a quick experiment this morning by putting a portable Fish saver air stone in a Glass of soapy water. I had a ton of foam in a NYC second. There are all kinds of designs for foam markers but the bottom line is Air Pressure in soapy water. The smaller the Air Stone Bubbles the finer the Foam. The finer the foam the longer it lasts. But I am sure different soaps work better than others.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Up Date

Here are some pictures of the work in progress on my used Work Saver. These picture were taken today and no it is far from complete.

BTW The original engine sounds good and is running great. That was the possible big expense of restoring it. What you see no way represents all the work done to this machine It was stripped all the way to the frame and rebuild back up. All new Wiring harness as well as starter and Carb etc. The serial Number said it is a 1996 model but I believe it will be as good as a 2011 model when done.

I expect to have around $ 2 K total into it when done and that is as cheap as you can go.
Attached Images