Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-26-2010, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

True Green truck

There's a TG truck for sale on E Bay It's in CO It's still got 2 hose reels but no hoses and still has a tank looks like 100 gal. Doesn't look like a bad truck 108.000 th miles.

Charles Cue
Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks pretty good. I had a 95 and sold it 4-5 years ago. the tanks look like 100 gal each. it would have come with a 300/100 split tank in back and had the front box for dry storage. I mounted a double mount platform on back for a PG and couldn't even tell it was back there. I sold mine for $5000 and it looked better than this one but had about 95k. I would say this one is a little over priced but they are hard to find.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyturf View Post
Looks pretty good. I had a 95 and sold it 4-5 years ago. the tanks look like 100 gal each. it would have come with a 300/100 split tank in back and had the front box for dry storage. I mounted a double mount platform on back for a PG and couldn't even tell it was back there. I sold mine for $5000 and it looked better than this one but had about 95k. I would say this one is a little over priced but they are hard to find.
There must be two of them! this one has 82k and has hose and two tanks.. its in Alabama
Old 12-26-2010, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Found the one you posted.. very clean, nice truck
Old 12-27-2010, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyturf View Post
Found the one you posted.. very clean, nice truck
I found the one you saw theres some thing about it! It just don't look as nice as the first one i found.

Charles Cue
Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Does TruGreen have a patent on those trucks? i.e. could I get in any legal trouble for using that same style of truck in the same geographical market as TruGreen?

Also, can this truck hold the amount of liquid in the tanks in case of a leak? I have been told by a state inspector that the vehicle that is transporting pesticides must be able to contain the leak without leaking it onto the ground.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteamlawns View Post
Does TruGreen have a patent on those trucks? i.e. could I get in any legal trouble for using that same style of truck in the same geographical market as TruGreen?

Also, can this truck hold the amount of liquid in the tanks in case of a leak? I have been told by a state inspector that the vehicle that is transporting pesticides must be able to contain the leak without leaking it onto the ground.
you could not get in trouble for using one of these trucks. no they will not contain 400 gal the tanks are on a flat surface even with the doors.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone else have this requirement? How could it be met with the TruGreen truck?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

I have a TG/CL Isuzu truck and have had it for close to 7 years now. TG/CL has no patent on them and in fact Lease the trucks from a major Leasing company which then sells the out of lease trucks on the open market. Supreme Coach is who made mine and there are several companies that make a similar design.

Watch when buying a used one because they are stripped of pumps and anything that can be scrapped for money. Tanks also might be drilled from under the floor and are next to impossible to repair. Here in Florida most TG/CL franchise make darn sure their used trucks don't end up back on the road as a spray truck.

Gregory Might have something to add here since his company does the local TG/CL major repairs that their in house mechanic can't do.

BTW I purchased my TG/CL Diesel Isuzu with a just over 100,000 miles for only $ 4250.00 After a repaint and several modification to the plumbing system and calculating acquisition costs which included travel for two people to Texas to purchase the truck, My total cost was just at $ 10,000.00. 7 years later I am ready for an other paint job but the truck is still running strong.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of the information!

I am currently looking at a TG/CL truck. It is a 2001 w/ about 110k on it. ALL of the pump/tank components have been stripped and it is just a bare box. The guy is asking $7k for it. Based on what you say, Ric, this is quite a bit overpriced.

To add more fuel to the fire, the truck has a transmission issue. It will not drive if you start it in drive, but will work if you start in 1, then 2, etc. He is willing to knock at least $1500 off if I take it as-is. Has anyone had an issue like this with the transmission? Is it an expensive fix?

I appreciate any help.