Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya New York and Boston at like 2 times more snow than we did this year, and they are way more south of us lol. I live 20mins from the capital of Canada: Ottawa.
Complete lawn care services
Old 03-20-2011, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just started at the end of last season....

Got magnetic signs, yard signs and shirts.

And Gauvreau helped w/ my questions over the past couple seasons. Very helpful!!

Now....so far....nothing. Lol. Did my driveway, a couple friends....no biz. Do I have to go door-to-door??

But I bought/built a spray unit for gilsonite and we're going to hand spread emulsion. Someone in our area bought a Yellow Dog franchise last year. I don't have that much money to advertise.

So I'll keep you posted if it takes off this season. Any advice on getting jobs??....or just go door-to-door?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro121 View Post

And Gauvreau helped w/ my questions over the past couple seasons. Very helpful!!

Now....so far....nothing. Lol. Did my driveway, a couple friends....no biz. Do I have to go door-to-door??

But I bought/built a spray unit for gilsonite and we're going to hand spread emulsion. Someone in our area bought a Yellow Dog franchise last year. I don't have that much money to advertise.

So I'll keep you posted if it takes off this season. Any advice on getting jobs??....or just go door-to-door?

Thanks!
Ya door to door has been the most profitable for me, it helped me a lot last year. This year I'm still doing the same but planning on distributing 10k fliers for seal coating, not in 1 shot, but mostly in 4 runs.
Complete lawn care services
Old 05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro121 View Post

Thanks!
Door to door is your best bet. I started out with friends and family, after every job knock on every door in the neighborhood with a blacktop drive. Do good work @ a fair price and word of mouth plus door to door will outsell any other form of advertisement. Every drive you do should get you at least one more on the same street. Parking lots in busy areas usualy get a few people to come up to you and ask for a bid. Also, always look professional. Don't yell at your helper in front of people, get t-shirts made, paint the rust on your truck the same color as the truck , and letter your truck.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

door to door

hello neighbor you are forty miles from me but i use the door to door sales but i dont push i just go through when i got a job in the area and go door to door just handing out cards and flyers and tell them your here and i usely end up in that area for as much as a week exsample i went to do my freinds driveway and ended up doing the entire sub.but if you have any questions about makeing a spray system u can find it here but i noticed befor that you are looking for bulk sealer get ahol of me when you are on again but as far as safeseal goes but hats off to you for standing up and serving our country