Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I enjoy the post. I have siad b/f I have had all three and I am back to running 5 GMC trucks now.

My uncle service manager at a large ford dealer. My next door neighbor owns a dodge/ford dealership. My other neighbor owns a body shop/exhaust/mechainc business.

Now I have experience with the three and these guys work with two companies. The uncle manager says its terrible all the work they constantly do on 40-60K trucks. My neighbor is die hard dodge guy and thinks there still the best for the money (which maybe he is right) says the same - alot of poor design under the hood but yet very clever marketing on Ford's part. My body shop owner says all his guys would rather work on any chevy product or foriegn car in a heart beat b/c everything stays constant. 1/2 inch is always a 1/2 nut. He said same make and model truck will have a 12 metric and then go back to 1/2 nut. He doens't get it.

everything has issues but so far with our chevy line I have been very pleased. A friend of mine just got a new 2011 crew cab dually ford. Sticker was $71K. He is in construction but has every option available to man on that truck.

So yes where does price end? Having said that look at houses that are worth 20 - 50 % of there current value? My area that I live in most homes are in the 100 - 200K range. I know people with more car payments than they have on a house payment. Sure stupid but............
Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post

everything has issues but so far with our chevy line I have been very pleased. A friend of mine just got a new 2011 crew cab dually ford. Sticker was $71K. He is in construction but has every option available to man on that truck.

So yes where does price end? Having said that look at houses that are worth 20 - 50 % of there current value? My area that I live in most homes are in the 100 - 200K range. I know people with more car payments than they have on a house payment. Sure stupid but............
I bought my house back in 1996 and only paid $71,200, yeah its kind of small 2 bedroom 1 bath but I've got lots of land and am surrounded by a state park. No new neighbors building anywhere close.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

picked up my truck today. ford said alot of smoke is perfectly normal for these trucks, could not find were my leaks were comming from using dye, couldnt find any codes for the wrench, abs, and air bag lights going off, didnt have the fuel filters in stock to change, and couldnt program my new tire/wheel air sensors because they were unable to get a signal/communicate with computer! on a positive note it didnt cost me anything in repairs because there were none.

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Still nothing from my Guy, But he said he reprogrammed it and it is better than it was!??? On a better note I got out 4 rotten plugs that broke off in my 95 F-350 w/460 motor!!! I beat the ford curse of the plugs! Now I gotta get the plugs outa one of my 03 F-350 5.4's. Its got 90,000 miles on it. I use my sons football coach in town to fix my bigger problems,he's slow and doesn't respond well,but cheap!BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercuts View Post
picked up my truck today. ford said alot of smoke is perfectly normal for these trucks, could not find were my leaks were comming from using dye, couldnt find any codes for the wrench, abs, and air bag lights going off, didnt have the fuel filters in stock to change, and couldnt program my new tire/wheel air sensors because they were unable to get a signal/communicate with computer! on a positive note it didnt cost me anything in repairs because there were none.
Wow thats kind of shady. Thats why I buy old lol.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercuts View Post
Screw dealers , find an honest competant indy.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
Screw dealers , find an honest competant indy.
the reason im paying $636 a month is for a nice new reliable truck. purchasing it i new it was going to cost alot but it was piece of mind that if something broke it has a warranty. i still have 3years of payments left, i shouldnt hvae to shell out $90/hr for repairs to some independant shop when it is still under warranty.

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Gotcha, can warrenty work be done at a different dealer?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Ohhhh yes it can. We used to go to Loehmans in WTBY (bought 4 vechles from 02-08=200,000.00) very poor response time in the service dept and the owner is nowhere to b found!!! So we now do all our warranty work with Richards in Cheshire(past 2 yrs)awesome clean roomy place with the service dept ready for anything! So yes you can switch! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

definitely go to another dealer, alot of smoke IS NOT NORMAL for these trucks, other than some steam/condensation you see on cold mornings these things are supposed to not put out little to no visible smoke.

i had a crappy dealer and go to another now. Ive been told "if the light aint on now then we cant do anything" enough now, so I wont even bother taking it in if nothing is lit up on the dash anymore. and the not being able to program the sensors is a sign of laziness/incompetence on their part.

i feel that a large part of the bad rep that ford gets is due in part to awful dealership service depts.