Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2010, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What should I change???

This is my web site and it seems to look good but not getting much return what should I try different??? http://www.cannonlawncare.com please let me know what you guys thank...
Old 12-30-2010, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

looks good. I think the pictures may be the only thing I would work on jmo. The home page has a nice picture of a property that looks well maintained but the picture is very dark. The tractor supply picture on "services" page, although its nice to show you take care of a known commercial property the grass look horrible. Just my thoughts, I only looked at those two pages.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trac. supply was anew build and did not know how to use the unfinished irrigation system. That pic will be coming down soon thou. Thanks... anything else? Anybody...
Old 12-30-2010, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

"Cannon Lawn Care, LLC Wellington Cannon has studded and passed all Alabama state exams "

Just took a quick look but you may want to change "studded" to "studied".
Old 12-30-2010, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as your website looking attractive and professional it is fine. You mention you are not getting a good return on it.

First off you need some work on your meta tags. You have no description tag at all and that is an important one.

My second thing I don't like is you are to anonomous. No address no phone number just email me. You want them to tell you who they are without you telling them who you are. (Granted you have a photo and bio)

If I were looking for a lawn care service and saw two companies with web sites and the contact page for one said.

Joe Blow
Bow Mow
1234 5th St
anywhere anystate,
Office number 123-456-7890
Cell number 234-567-8901
Email joe at blow mow

and the other said.

Contact me

I would go with the first guy who doesn't seem to have anything to hide without a seconds hesitation.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Re-sample your pictures. Page load times are taking a hit due to loading image data you don't use.
Char's Small Engine
Mize, KY
Old 12-30-2010, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post
As far as your website looking attractive and professional it is fine. You mention you are not getting a good return on it.

First off you need some work on your meta tags. You have no description tag at all and that is an important one.

My second thing I don't like is you are to anonomous. No address no phone number just email me. You want them to tell you who they are without you telling them who you are. (Granted you have a photo and bio)

If I were looking for a lawn care service and saw two companies with web sites and the contact page for one said.

Joe Blow
Bow Mow
1234 5th St
anywhere anystate,
Office number 123-456-7890
Cell number 234-567-8901
Email joe at blow mow

and the other said.

Contact me

I would go with the first guy who doesn't seem to have anything to hide without a seconds hesitation.
what is a "meta tag"?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You asked what a meta tag is. There are two parts to the code that makes up a web page. The head and the body. The head doesn't show but it tells the browser what version of HTML the page is written in so the browser can display the web site properly.

There are some things that are added to the head section by the programer usually that are designed to help search engines and end users as well. The three that are most common are

Title (that is the title of the web site. Such as "Joes Lawn Care of Atlanta GA") It is usually pretty brief.

the second meta tag is the Description. Usually it is a little longer maybe 130-170 charcters and tells search engines what the web site is about. Mabye something like. "Joes Lawn provides mowing, leaf removal and other lawn care services to customers in the Atlana area"

The third is Keywords. In the early days of the internet this was used a lot by search engines, today it is not widely used but still they should be there. this is a list of topics someone might use to search for someone seperated by commas. An Example would be, "Joes Lawn Care, Lawn Care in Atlanta, mowing, hedge trimming, leaf removal, snow removal, mulching, lawnmowing, grass cutting, lawn maintenance, grass, lawns, mowing, trimming, lawn clean up, etc.

If you right click your mouse you may get an opton for "View Source" This will show you the HTML behind a webpage including the meta tags.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you very much Turboguy!! Really appreciate the information!!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got the meta tags taken care of this week but was told it would take a little while for it to take effect. As for the spelling every time I run the spell check it comes up with different words being wrong, still haven't figured that one out yet. Thanks guys keepem comin...