Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2011, 03:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnboy sold the Insight series up until last year they had a silver and gold and platnium series.. the one they sell at home depot is not the insight series the deck sorta looks the same but its really thin sheetmetal.. there is no side discharge like the insight had (( although they say there is there isn’t)) and the rear discharge is a whole different setup the opening is about Ĺ the size.. it a really shitty mower.. Toro still makes there Toro 22 inchers like they always have in mower shops and homedepot... but if you go to an actuall mower shop/landscape supply house they also Sell the actual Lawnboy Insight series 21’ painter red with Toro logos all over it..The only difference is that the Tecumseh engine isn’t offered anymore for obvious reasons.. you are right though they haven’t made that 2 stroke since around 04.. but from 04 till 2009 they were doing the insight .. I had the chance of buying a left over 2 stroke with the orange fuel tank 3 years ago im still kicking myself for not doing it

Last edited by jiggz; 01-09-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

these are the models i was talking about with the height adjusters actually casted into the deck.. although a little heavy this is my favorite 21 ever
Old 01-09-2011, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

But that wasn't my point... Toro didn't "copy" lawn boy, they just painted red and put toro logos on a deck/mower they also use for lawn boy.

As far as my information where they were sold, I got that from a Lawn Boy mower forum I frequent> No one pointed out that there was still a dealer available model. I know that for one season Toro/LB had that model you pictured in a commercial model, with steel ball bearing wheels and big tank.

I know what you mean about the leftover commercial models... Iv'e seen ones that were brand new in the box selling for around 2 grand on ebay!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong at all with a Snapper as long as you are bagging or side discharging...if you plan to mulch I would look at a different mower. As far as the drive system, though it tends to wear quickly it is easy and cheap to fix and the ifinitely variable speed is very nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2014, 03:14 AM
LawnSite Member

That might be the Lawn Boy 22271 and the Toro 22156.
Posted via Mobile Device