Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
keithslawnc keithslawnc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ocala,Fl
Posts: 165
Opinion

Wanting to know if this unit would be over kill for an add on service for a lawn and landscape business. It is a Hydrotech brand rig. The whole rig was built by Hydrotech. It specs are 9 gpm and 3500 psi, belt driven pump,275 water tank, 30 gal chemical tank, diesel heater, hose, hose reels ect. He said he purchased it 6 months ago for $ 12,000. It is not cheap, wondering if I would be better off with a more entry level unit. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Propowerwash Propowerwash is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: phoenix,arizona
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithslawnc View Post
Wanting to know if this unit would be over kill for an add on service for a lawn and landscape business. It is a Hydrotech brand rig. The whole rig was built by Hydrotech. It specs are 9 gpm and 3500 psi, belt driven pump,275 water tank, 30 gal chemical tank, diesel heater, hose, hose reels ect. He said he purchased it 6 months ago for $ 12,000. It is not cheap, wondering if I would be better off with a more entry level unit. Thanks for your help.
I think you do not need a unit that Large for ad on service in florida if your talking residential.

If your a Commercial landscaper I would say get it.
__________________
Ron Musgraves 1888-fleetwash
Pressure washing Phoenix Arizona
www.propowerwash.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 PM
keithslawnc keithslawnc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ocala,Fl
Posts: 165
Buy this?

I have the oppurtunity to by this machine. It is a hydrotek 9 gpm at 3000 psi. It is 6 months old. I can get it for $3500.00 Should I jump on this deal?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Don M. Don M. is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Gray Summit, Missouri
Posts: 90
Like Ron said, if your going to do residental houses only no. If your going to use the hot water to clean concrete, yes.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Pumptecguy's Avatar
Pumptecguy Pumptecguy is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anoka, Mn
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithslawnc View Post
I have the oppurtunity to by this machine. It is a hydrotek 9 gpm at 3000 psi. It is 6 months old. I can get it for $3500.00 Should I jump on this deal?
Why is the owner willing to take a $ 8500.00 haircut on this? What brand of pump is on it? If the pump is junk, then you will have extra expense getting that replaced.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-11-2011, 08:09 AM
keithslawnc keithslawnc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ocala,Fl
Posts: 165
He wanted 10k for the company including contacts and his name but has relocated here. Now he has offered to sell me the skid itself for $3500.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
FCPWLLC's Avatar
FCPWLLC FCPWLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumptecguy View Post
Why is the owner willing to take a $ 8500.00 haircut on this? What brand of pump is on it? If the pump is junk, then you will have extra expense getting that replaced.
Most likely because the machine was priced almost double what it was worth in the first place.

$12k for a $7k machine. Now it is used, I'd offer $2800.
__________________
Michael Kreisle
First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
bcg717 bcg717 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Marietta,GA
Posts: 16
If you can get the Skid for around $3k and its still in great condition that is not a bad deal.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-12-2011, 05:32 PM
bcg717 bcg717 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Marietta,GA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Most likely because the machine was priced almost double what it was worth in the first place.

$12k for a $7k machine. Now it is used, I'd offer $2800.


There is no doubt that he paid close to $12k for a new 9gpm hydrotek with trailer, tanks , and reels on a dual axle trailer.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Mike B.'s Avatar
Mike B. Mike B. is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 19
For commercial flat work 9 gpm is great. But for residential work 9gpm is way over kill, if the house has well you may run into a supply problem. A 5.5 gpm machine is ideal for residential cleaning.
If you pass on the 9 GPM machine I may be interested, let me know!
__________________
Mike Barrett
Barrett's Pressure Cleaning
Saint Augustine, FL 32092
904-819-0090
www.barrettspressurecleaning.com
Pressure washing Saint Augustine
Roof cleaning Saint Augustine
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.09923 seconds with 7 queries