Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dm's photo thread

Got a cell phone camera that works...

Here's what you've been missing.

Loaded asphalt for a few weeks, boring, but these trucks were all 20,000hrs plus and still running strong.

View from the Cab on that job.

Here trucks were hauling in milling's and I was loading up the berm of pit run to haul out. Then hopping on the D4 inbetween rounds and grading it out by eye.

More of the same

Right next to a train yard.

I'm sitting in my Favourite, 15,700 hr as of yesterday 330EX. Anyways in this shot the bank is starting to sluff out slowly, and about ten seconds later I'd of slid down and buried the machine. Nothing I could do but wait. Spent an hour digging around myself so I could pull myself out after.

Back on "hard" ground for that site
Old 01-10-2011, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've gotta head to bed, got about 20 more for tomorrow, sry for the quality
Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ps. It's been a few months, What have i missed?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

looks good, nice to be able to run a few different machines, not getting too bored with one.

i hate developments like that...
Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

thanks for the pics. That mud cannot be fun! Sounds like you have a lot of different skills to offer.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Picture I took around 4am, I'm sitting 12-15 feet off the ground on asphalt, and I've throw asphalt as high as I can 180 degrees ( U shape behind me) I had 39 tandems an hour for 8 or so hours that night, pretty sure we moved over 3,000 yards that night. It was one hell of a pile. I went through a tank and a half.

Spotted this on the inbetween sites one morning commute, Custom chop top Camaro. One of a kind thanks to the drunk driver.

When I cleared the property this summer I found this machine, don't know how long it's been there or who owns it. I got it started once, and I'm sure I could pull it out if I wasn't working solo. But it's not mine, so I leave it and we work around it.

Once in a while I operate while on the phone and get into soft situations. This whole day I was really wishing I had the rental D4 pictured earlier

Here I was trying to build a haul road with the 300 over a peat bog. I apparently have reached out to far and sunk the blindside track in, when I retracted the boom, the ground would lift back up the machine would level out. Like there was a big spring under that track. Made for an interesting grading challenge
Old 01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice photos. So that Komatsu dozer was just left sitting in the mud like that? What happened to the owner?

Old 01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinek61 View Post
Nice photos. So that Komatsu dozer was just left sitting in the mud like that? What happened to the owner?
No no, The komatsu's mine, I tugged it out with the 320.

The CAT is the one I found
Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

That last photo (PC300) reminds me of the basement pad I was digging out last month. Right at grade we hit black/grey clay, which was nothing but a big ol sponge. Swing around and reach out to the truck (which was as close as it could get) and the whole machine just kept sinkin towards the truck till I got the bucket dumped... good times.

"Once again, concussion by safety" -Mike Rowe
Old 01-15-2011, 03:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Russian Geese.

20-40,000 Russian Geese migrate through Ladner, BC, Canada every year.

And they started showing up the day I was working building in access roads to the lowlands they rest in. None of them randomly died. The photo doesn't do it just, the sky was black as far as I could see. All the little dots in the distance sky are birds.

Suv driving Fail. Awd driving in a straight line fail?

Frost Upheaval sucks, turns a rock hard surface into this..

Finally got a dry day doing some de-watering on firm ground! Here the 300 is resting in the sun!

Bought another truck to build as a Prerunner Race truck. Got it for a couple hundred bucks, here's why.

Left truck is my finishing/hunting trail truck. Right is the new addition it's a 4x4 ...for now. muahahaha no rust anywhere

Had a real bad day. I was doing some dewatering for a large developer so the surveyors could come in and set up hubs so building could start. They said don't worry the grounds all been approved/pressure tested shouldn't sink more then a few inches. Boy were they wrong. I wish I had video'd this. Ground cracked open and swallowed me whole..

So it got stuck, I got frustrated and went and got lunch at Harvey's.

Came back from lunch and started slowly getting it, got it to an area that I could get out and take a picture. Keep in mind this a 330, so the cat walk is about six feet off the ground.

Tried to drag myself out, and crawl out, damn weak over 15,000 old track motors wouldn't turn, too full of crap.

Went back down hill and took the long unknown, way across going the opposite direction dug myself a path out more or less and made it out 2 hours later. Machine came out unscathed