Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Teaser until next time

Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

thats a 22r I assume?

Got one setting in the driveway..

what year are your toyotas? I've got one setting in the driveway I was trying to turn into a hunting truck but I ran outta money. You know of a good place to buy interior parts on the internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i guess my main question is why on earth would you want to build anything on that ground?
Old 01-15-2011, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
i guess my main question is why on earth would you want to build anything on that ground?
The company must have a monkey working for them, even we aren't that stupid to do that, and we have land exactly like Ladner. I would love to know who it is you are working for.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 01-15-2011, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
thats a 22r I assume?

Got one setting in the driveway..

what year are your toyotas? I've got one setting in the driveway I was trying to turn into a hunting truck but I ran outta money. You know of a good place to buy interior parts on the internet?
22re, slightly lower compression bottom end, and fuel injection.

I'm got a 1985 solid axle front and rear
1989 Red regular cab(pictured) 4x4
1993 Extra cab 4x4 (pictured)
1994 4runner with a 7m (supra motor) 4x4

All of them have sunroofs and A/c incase it gets warm on the trail.

Then I have my daily
Old 01-15-2011, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
If the city approves it, as soon as it dry up they'll build. Whatever is in this soil, in the summer it passed a compaction test, in the winter though. It failed the holding an excavator test
Old 01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The company must have a monkey working for them, even we aren't that stupid to do that, and we have land exactly like Ladner. I would love to know who it is you are working for.
We're just a fillsite contractor and aggregate supplier. We have very few machines on sites. Mostly trucks or stuff in the pits. Whatever pays the bills. Once the land is built on and therefore the soil capped it will be fine. Alot of Coquitlam and maple ridge was built on identical material.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post

Had a real bad day. I was doing some dewatering for a large developer so the surveyors could come in and set up hubs so building could start. They said don't worry the grounds all been approved/pressure tested shouldn't sink more then a few inches. Boy were they wrong. I wish I had video'd this. Ground cracked open and swallowed me whole..

So it got stuck, I got frustrated and went and got lunch at Harvey's.

Came back from lunch and started slowly getting it, got it to an area that I could get out and take a picture. Keep in mind this a 330, so the cat walk is about six feet off the ground.

Tried to drag myself out, and crawl out, damn weak over 15,000 old track motors wouldn't turn, too full of crap.

Went back down hill and took the long unknown, way across going the opposite direction dug myself a path out more or less and made it out 2 hours later. Machine came out unscathed

HEY! thats my job to play and grade in the mud all day!!!! stop taking my work

HAHA

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 01-15-2011, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
22re, slightly lower compression bottom end, and fuel injection.

I'm got a 1985 solid axle front and rear
1989 Red regular cab(pictured) 4x4
1993 Extra cab 4x4 (pictured)
1994 4runner with a 7m (supra motor) 4x4

All of them have sunroofs and A/c incase it gets warm on the trail.

Then I have my daily
I got the same problem with my 1994 22re.. And the timing chain was slapping the cover..

How did you do the supra motor with the 4wd? I've pondered doing that to mine.

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I got the same problem with my 1994 22re.. And the timing chain was slapping the cover..

How did you do the supra motor with the 4wd? I've pondered doing that to mine.
Toyota bellhousing are almost all interchangable to a certain extent.

For example a 7m Motor comes with a w58 Series transmission, Which is (as you can read) a W family transmission. All w series transmissions have interchangeable Belhousings aka they all share the bolt pattern on the transmission side. So you take a w58 Bellhousing and bolt it up to the W56 (legendary) Transmission/Tcase and it all bolts in. Infact a 7m with bolt right up to 22re motor mounts as well, and work in the stock location, and with all stock parts you bolt on your transmission. I personally like to run twin transfer cases, double sticks are a waste of time. You can buy an adapter to run 2 for a couple hundred bucks. Now you've got an all factory 4x4 setup, that didn't cost next to nothing, and you've got super low crawling gears, but don't lose any highway abilities. It's all factory, stronger then most aftermarket built cases/transmissions. And you've over doubled the output of your truck. 85hp->235hp (mine dyno'd at that with headers and a cam) Wiring is simple and factory. You've got a super capable truck that will out wheel any jeep or other v-six vehicle. And the best part is you can spend all the money you've just saved on some Lock right lockers, and a nice set of 33's. And you've got a really capable truck. REALLY capable.

You can also swap in a 2jz motor, but that's a little trickier, and more expensive. BUT hugely rewarding. I mean a straight six that stock makes 320 hp. COME ON

Last edited by DirtMerchant; 01-15-2011 at 06:42 PM.