Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
Is this the first time you actually like about Kubota equipment

It looks like the radiators tilt backwards, really interesting have to see if Kubota CTLs take off. Have you seen any at Avenue screw ?
Kubota orange blinds the eyes, very hard to see much of anything driving past the dealership, especially when Kubota isn't a big ticket name here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The Kubota looks beefy in the rear lift arms and it looks like it has a lot of ground clearance.

The Terex's numbers are impressive and it looks like a well thought out machine. I'd like to see that setup in a skid steer.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Their both pretty good looking machines up close. I liked the 20" tracks and the wider lift arms on the terex but they put the horn in the dumbest spot. Its almost like an afterthought. They also have two levers on the inside of the windshield that you can turn to escape through the front in the event of a fire or something which is pretty smart. The kubota turns me off because of the visibility out the sides. the cab is too wide to see the tracks very well.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jelinek61; 01-14-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you that the horn shouldn't be there on a forestry machine. I could see it being OK in construction though. The specs on the machine look very good. I know a guy up here that will be trading in his current ASV PT100 for the new one this Spring.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Opinion on both machines

I own an sr80 and love it. Will be buying a pt100 for next winter. My sr80 went down during the first snow storm here and i had to rent a that kubota skid steer. biggest piece of junk i've ever run. Its got nothing on the asv. My dealer talked very highly of it so i was very disappointed. forget ever trying to push snow with it.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome Landarch. What happened to your SR? I have the same machine and we are almost neighbors
Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 AM
LawnSite Member

My asv goes down alot. Usually its blown out relays. The other day it was blown relays and frozen fuel. It seems to always freeze not matter how much additive i put in it. When i had to rent the kubota the machine was in the shop because the track rail snapped off with the rear wheels. I had to do some research to find a kit that asv manufactures for cat to repair that problem and then pay 500 to have good welder attach it. what a nightmare.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats to bad. Did you get the recall for the relays? I have had an on going issue the last few weeks myself. The machine will crank like it wants to start but won't fire up. Mine is power relay b. If I wiggle it or touch it while I turn the key it fires up. Look at the gauges when you try to start it. If the fuel gauge or other gauges move mine will start. Weird. Sorry to hear about your issues. You are the first I've heard to have issues this severe.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandArch86 View Post
My asv goes down alot. Usually its blown out relays. The other day it was blown relays and frozen fuel. It seems to always freeze not matter how much additive i put in it. When i had to rent the kubota the machine was in the shop because the track rail snapped off with the rear wheels. I had to do some research to find a kit that asv manufactures for cat to repair that problem and then pay 500 to have good welder attach it. what a nightmare.
Was the kubota an enclosed cab version ? What was the negative impression of the Kubota all about...... cheap feel.....no snow traction......massive cab ???

Which model did you rent?

Kubota KX121-3
E-Z Screen 500XL
Isuzu FRR w/Switch-n-Go
John Deere CT 322
Turbo Turf 300E hydroseeder
Harley Mx8H
FFC Preparator
Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

L O V E the PT100...the kubota does NOTHING for me at all...yuck