Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg717 View Post
Exactly, but i think he was just talking about wheeling it around his shop
Yea I am just looking for something to wheel around the shop.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just make sure you get a good quality machine and it will give you good service. I am not sure about where you live but my local lawn equipment shop carries the BE line. Just have to check around. I wouldn't go to Lowes or Home Depot.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought a Northern Star 3300 PSI for $1100.00 from Northern Tool and Equipment. I've had it for two years with no problems and it's got plenty of power for almost any job. Just make sure to take the pump off in the winter!

SEMPER FI
Old 01-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinerCutslawnCare View Post
Yea I am just looking for something to wheel around the shop.
You are located near 2 good manufacturers already: Cam Spray and MI-T-M. See what they have to offer. General pumps will probably provide you with the best value (dollars spent versus life) and they are common.

When I worked with a supplier to them, BE used to makes many, many things in China to drive down costs, but I suppose a Comet pump (Italy) and Honda engine is fairly standard.

The unloader and trigger gun will be the 2 items you will need to be careful about. A bad trigger gun at best will break soon and at worst jam open and maybe hurt someone. The unloaders can fail and destroy a pump.

The sad part is that you cannot choose these things and you have to rely on a manufacturer to provide quality.

My usual advice: Do not buy a 4 at 4000 washer unless you really know what you are doing and are a fool.

You will best served by limiting your pressure to 2000 psi at 4 gpm. It will clean better and you will destroy few things. In fact, 4 at 1000 psi will probably do everything you need done, allow you to go electric and save you money. The tough part is finding one, since psi seems to be the obsession with manufacturers.

Last edited by Pumptecguy; 01-15-2011 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Added electric option.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I would get a 4gpm 4k psi machine.You can dial down the pressure with the unloader.You can't dial it up on a smaller machine.

I would also use Pressure tek,Watercannon they both sell good machines imo.Now is the time to buy one as they will offer deals that you won't get during the warmer seasons.

Like Mike K said anything Honda with a general or cat pump will last you a long time.I have a machine from watercannon that has at least a thousand hrs on it still starts 1st pull.
www.cajuncleanin.com
Pressure washing Daphne ,Fairhope, Alabama.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Cleanin' View Post
I would get a 4gpm 4k psi machine.You can dial down the pressure with the unloader.You can't dial it up on a smaller machine.

I would also use Pressure tek,Watercannon they both sell good machines imo.Now is the time to buy one as they will offer deals that you won't get during the warmer seasons.

Like Mike K said anything Honda with a general or cat pump will last you a long time.I have a machine from watercannon that has at least a thousand hrs on it still starts 1st pull.
He will be better off using a Dual Lance wand for lowering the pressure. Don't fool with the unloader.
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash
Old 01-15-2011, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

GPM is more important that PSI> I have a 2.5 GPM at 2800 PSI max but I can turn it down with the control lever on the pump. Just using it to clean my equipment it does fine. Cleaning heavy equipment might take something a little larger like 3-3.5 gpm.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What would someone think a car wash gpm and psi are? The pressure in a car wash is just fine I believe.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinerCutslawnCare View Post
What would someone think a car wash gpm and psi are? The pressure in a car wash is just fine I believe.
Roughly between 3 gpm @ 1100PSi and 4 GPM @ 2000PSI. I'd guess closer to the 3@1100 though.

I have a couple electric pressure washers in that range for sale as well.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe I will be going with something that is 3.5 gpm at 4000psi. I can always turn it down but I want it to be able to tackle any job I throw at it.