Register free!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Ted

We are calling it Large Patch here not Zoysia Patch since we have more S.A. Than Zoysia. Micheal is like my corn county buddy when it comes to real facts.
So you are saying this is not what she said Ric? Funny - were you at the seminar that day? Please inform me that you were.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Abrightday

County Extension agents vary in quality from one county to the next. Fact is most of them aren't worth the Powder to blow them up. I won't even talk to my local county agent because he is a real Dofus. Instead I either call or travel to Lee County where Excellent agents Steve Brown and Roy Beckford are the Horticulture and Agriculture agents respectively.
This Tom Maccubbin http://www.cfnews13.com/tom-maccubbin and he's not just a county extension agent. He's writes articles for lawn and garden related magazines and he's on Ch. 9 & Ch. 13. He's on the radio, on over 23 Florida stations. He writes articles and does Q & A's in newspapers. - he gives tips & recommendations to everyone about their landscapes. I saw that same episode and almost crapped & said out loud - I'm going to have some explaning to do to some people.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz View Post
This Tom Maccubbin http://www.cfnews13.com/tom-maccubbin and he's not just a county extension agent. He's writes articles for lawn and garden related magazines and he's on Ch. 9 & Ch. 13. He's on the radio, on over 23 Florida stations. He writes articles and does Q & A's in newspapers. - he gives tips & recommendations to everyone about their landscapes. I saw that same episode and almost crapped & said out loud - I'm going to have some explaning to do to some people.
Yep, he is like the go to celebrity for any questions about Landscaping her in the Orlando Market especially for the home owners. On top of the books and articles mentioned in that Bio, he actual has his own on demand channel with all his weekly advice videos here on Brighthouse. Anything he endorses becomes a big hit where ever it is being sold.
He was at a recent pesticide class I attended at Orange County Extension but I must say that is the first time I remember seeing him at the seminars for the professionals, I think he may do more with the homeowners.

I know he used to be in charge of the "Master Gardener" program. Rob from Lawnsite here in Oviedo was in his last class, and that was several years ago from what I understand.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwDv8Neu440

Old 01-19-2011, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Yep, he is like the go to celebrity for any questions about Landscaping her in the Orlando Market especially for the home owners. On top of the books and articles mentioned in that Bio, he actual has his own on demand channel with all his weekly advice videos here on Brighthouse. Anything he endorses becomes a big hit where ever it is being sold.
He was at a recent pesticide class I attended at Orange County Extension but I must say that is the first time I remember seeing him at the seminars for the professionals, I think he may do more with the homeowners.

I know he used to be in charge of the "Master Gardener" program. Rob from Lawnsite here in Oviedo was in his last class, and that was several years ago from what I understand.
I've got Brighthouse here too, so I know what you're talking about. I think he has more to do with homeowners.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Another Freeze Tonight

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...1=Freeze+Watch

Here we go again and a cool week ahead.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

this year we started offering "LAWN PAINTING" for those clients that just have to have a green lawn...lol...at first ithought it was kind of funny....but after really giving it a push people are doing it...it is not real profitable but it has helped keep the cash flowing...
Old 02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you get your paint ?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Where do you get your paint ?
Z you should be able to find this at your local Lesco I believe. If not give me a PM and I will give you a number for a company that sells it here locally.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, I will check it out.