Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-14-2011, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Advertising/Bidding for commercial accounts*Northeast*

I live in upstate NY and right now it is 30 degrees with a foot of snow on the ground. I know that any good businessman plans ahead but i dont want to be ridiculous. I plan on advertising for residentials in late february and early march while there is still time before the grass grows. I do however know that commercial accounts(businesses,banks,strip malls etc) are already plannign their yearly expenses. I planned on starting just after the new year but i feel that people will think im crazy if i ask about mowing with snow on the ground. Can any of you cold weather guys point me in the right direction for timing of both commercial and residential advertising? Thanks!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i know for a fact that commercial bids are already being sent out. im in buffalo myself
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

You got time...depends. Some are Jan-Jan the big ones usually. I bid on some smaller shopping centers with wawas and stuff that are march - march
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

How do you plan on formatting your bid?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn RX 10 View Post
How do you plan on formatting your bid?
well im a new startup and to be honest i was hoping to get just one commercial account for this year in addition to the handful of residential that i already have lined up.

when i was doing my research last year, i would speak to the owners, managers, and corporate offices of the local businesses in my area. they would tell me what services they were looking for(mow,mulch,trimming,etc.) and submit my bid in writing either to the owner on site or to the corporate office. i did not submit anything bc i was not up and running yet but i will for this spring.

does anybody have any ideas how to make this more successful?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah pretty much same here brother....I work for one of the top fifty landscape companies and I was hunting through our old bids to get an idea....they basically just give a very clear and in depth frame of what services and work that will be done with a few options for the client to choose from....I would go on the safe side and give as many options as possible. Then say check next to service you are interested in. Build a relationship with whoever deals with the bids. Can't hurt.
Posted via Mobile Device