Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmarkboy13 View Post
ferris comfort control dd vs. the exmark turf tracer. which would you chose?? how does the ferris cut wet or tall grass? does it clump? hows the ferris holding up??? how does the exmark do with wet or tall grass?? how are the greaseless spindles holding up???
Imo nothing cuts good in wet grass, (i know i'm gonna catch heck for saying that lol ) But the ferris's do great in wet grass as well as the exmark does too. We no longer have our exmark we run all ferris walk behinds, my guys love them they have a really wide stance and will take a 350lbs guy around any hill, we have some right now with 2500 hours on the orginal hydro pumps, they are easy to operate but like any mower they break down, but my mechanic keeps them serviced as much as possible and they do great. My guys hated the exmark tt, they didnt like the ecs or bull horns as they called them we are big fan of pistol grips, i think it gives you more control. But, if i were you demo each unit find a dealer that is gonna give you the service you need and go with that, i dont think you'll go wrong either way! Btw our ferris dealer is 15 mins from the shop as well so that helps lol
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Nothing too exciting here, just a job where we hauled in 12 ton of pulvurized top soil and graded and leveled a front lawn.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

And the finished product, I know these pics may put you to sleep lol
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah you guys get some storms to plow. 30-40" is decent amount, I see why you have the snow removal equipment! looks like nice dirt work there.
05' JD F1445 Diesel 72"
13' Bobcat T650 CTL
08' Haulmax 24' Enclosed Trailer
11' JD JS 26 W.B.
12' BOSS 9.2 V-XT plow+Wings
Stihl hand held eq.
10' L.W. 13hp blower
13' Permagreen Triumph
WI certified pesticide applicator
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hows the overall cut quality of the 61 inch ferris??

14 Years old
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmarkboy13 View Post
hows the overall cut quality of the 61 inch ferris??
It does ok, they are not as good as the 52 inch deck, the guys had some problems with scalping and a little to big to man handle, so we traded it in on a new 52 inch, we currently run all 52 inch walk behinds, 1 36inch hydro snapper, 1 52inch bobcat zmower, and 1 61 inch ferris 3100z zmower (commerical property only, very rough and the suspension makes it nice, cut quality sucks imo on this unit) Bobcat is our fav zmower but we don't use zmowers much. Hope this helps!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how do you like the snow ex spreader im looking at one for my dump truck
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts lawn care View Post
Yeah you guys get some storms to plow. 30-40" is decent amount, I see why you have the snow removal equipment! looks like nice dirt work there.
Yea, its not our biggest part of our business like the guys up north, but we love doing it, and we live right on the ohio river in ky, so if big cities like cincinatti ohio get a storm they are two hours north west of us, we usually get it. And thanks on the dirt work, just got bored and started posting pics lol
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
how do you like the snow ex spreader im looking at one for my dump truck
Does Awesome ! this is our first season with it, i picked it up used for i think about $1,600.00? its an 07 model i think? But it does great, no troubles so far, if i was buying new i'd prolly buy the buyers salt dogg b/c they dont have the metal frame and they are priced a little cheaper, they also have a way heavy gauge wire they use for there harness and the auger on the inside of it is stainless along with the chute and the shields and spinner is rubber, and the snow way is all metal, also the buyers auger is run long ways towards the front of the truck and the snow way auger sets across the spreader in the very back so you have to use the vibrator alot more on it, but it doesnt have any trouble slinging the bulk salt, we used 10 ton of bulk salt we had in our bin from last year (its under a shelter and on a concrete pad so it stays pretty dry) but it still was hard in spots where rain blew in on it over the summer and it had no trouble with it, ill prolly never buy a gas power vbox again, snow is not huge here and i like the quiteness and the light weight of the poly units. Hope that helps!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

A pine we took down for a customer of mine in late fall, we are not a tree company so all of you aborist ad tree services dont laugh we rented a lift I only did it because it was a long time customer and he wanted it took down only by me lol but, Me and one of my foreman have experince doing it so if someone insists and we have the time, we will help them out.
Attached Images