Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I like the matching sweatshirts and trucks looks professional.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriderLawn09 View Post
Hey Thanks man! and take your time with the multiple crews and having employees, finding the right people can be hard at times and make you pull your hair out, I kind of jumped in blind at running crews and having employees and after i found some good guys it made alot better the best advice i have is find one good guy you can trust doing anything for every crew you have, so if you have 5 crews you need 5 of them guys, and as for the sulkeys we love them on our ferris walk behinds but i hooked one up on the turf tracer and it wouldnt pull it on a hill i guess its too heavy for its wheel base or something but it works great on the ferris, you never leave your controls when turning and thats my favorite thing, and no silly looking tire mark in the middle of your stripe ( no offense if anyone likes that) but they will wear out just as fast as velke and cost about 380$ so they wont last any longer but we grease them daily and get about 1 1/12 out of them and then we just replace the bearings and tires and good to go again! Hope that helps!
I think if I ever run a crew its just going to be me and one full time guy and maybe a 3rd guy when needed as part time. I plan to keep my company fairly small but you never know what business will bring. That sulky you have would be the only one I would consider buying, just because it doesn't leave that mark in the middle of the stripe. And seems to be the easiest to use from what I can tell with turning and backing up. My mower is a 36 in turf tracer. I have been looking at them for the past few years and keep telling myself ill get one next year. I just haven't quit been sold on the walk behind sulky combo just yet. Do you do your own fertilizing? I only ask because I see the true green trucks in the back ground.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Sulky on a walk behind is the only way to go!! lol we actually only have 2 zero turns and 10 or 11 walk behinds we rarely ever use a zero turn bc of where we are at in eastern ky its very hilly around here and only 20% of my propertys can you get a zero turn on so its just more effecient around here, and as for the fertilizing yes we do offer a fertilization program, and we are a sub contracter for tg and thats actually there shop lol we are mowing at its funny i know but they only do fert. apps so they sub out alot of other commerical maint. work to us such as mowing, mulching, etc. and they are really great to work with and have been a great customer of mine so far!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Sulky on a walk behind is the only way to go!! lol we actually only have 2 zero turns and 10 or 11 walk behinds we rarely ever use a zero turn bc of where we are at in eastern ky its very hilly around here and only 20% of my propertys can you get a zero turn on so its just more effecient around here, and as for the fertilizing yes we do offer a fertilization program, and we are a sub contracter for tg and thats actually there shop lol we are mowing at its funny i know but they only do fert. apps so they sub out alot of other commerical maint. work to us such as mowing, mulching, etc. and they are really great to work with and have been a great customer of mine so far!
I just got certified for fertilizing last year. At the beginning of this year a rep from true green called me, asking me if I would be interested in doing that same thing. He said they wanted to have me mow and do other odd jobs, well they fertilized my current properties and of course there's. I thought about it but I had already paid 3 full years and pasted all the test. I thought it seemed like a good deal. Great way to get work.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

They dont do any of my fertilizations at this time but on a big com. account I prolly will sub them out, but yea great way to get work!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Crider, during the mowing season what do your weekly and monthly fuel bills look like at 230 accounts? Thanks.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Tri City, monthly gas bills are expensive we try to run very tight routes and we are in a rather rural area so that doesn't help but gas bills change each month depending on what we have going on, but 2011 totals were around 40k I belive, not my favorite expense at all!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Merry Christmas From the family !!!
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Haven't been on here in a while!, How's everyones season go, did everyone surve the drought? Has everyone's snow business been good? The big storm that went thru Indiana and Ohio missed us by Literally 60 miles lol, But we got about an inch and a half last week so we finnally got to use some of our salt we had in the bin from last year lol, but anyway good to be back on here again ill try to get some pics of some stuff up here in a day or so!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Haven't been on here in a while!, How's everyones season go, did everyone surve the drought? Has everyone's snow business been good? The big storm that went thru Indiana and Ohio missed us by Literally 60 miles lol, But we got about an inch and a half last week so we finnally got to use some of our salt we had in the bin from last year lol, but anyway good to be back on here again ill try to get some pics of some stuff up here in a day or so!
Glad you updated this man. How have you been, and I picked up a 48'' Comfort Control DD at the beginning of this year and I know why you guys run'em I don't want to run any wide area walk behind now.