Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-14-2011, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Demoed the Vantage 36" today!

Took a while to get used to the steering, maybe because I have gear drive walk behinds and ZTR's. it felt pretty good except the platform sat a little high off the ground and made the handles feel kinda low, maybe because I'm 6'6 IDK. I think if I wasn't so tall with a bad back, I would take it for sure because I am a Exmark guy. I know alot of ppl love these mowers, but I think I will go with another small ZTR to replace my Phazer. I think this is a great mower, so please don't go bashing me for my opinion, trust me, I was really interested in buying one but it's just not for me
Old 01-14-2011, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcook View Post
Took a while to get used to the steering, maybe because I have gear drive walk behinds and ZTR's. it felt pretty good except the platform sat a little high off the ground and made the handles feel kinda low, maybe because I'm 6'6 IDK. I think if I wasn't so tall with a bad back, I would take it for sure because I am a Exmark guy. I know alot of ppl love these mowers, but I think I will go with another small ZTR to replace my Phazer. I think this is a great mower, so please don't go bashing me for my opinion, trust me, I was really interested in buying one but it's just not for me
Haven't seen them yet, but I'll look them up. I'm a big time Exmark guy myself, but everyone will have something they don't like about their favorite product. If you are 6'6" plus back problems, I can see how you may have some comfort issues on a small platform mower like that.
RedMax Trimmer
RedMax Hedge Trimmers
5x8 tilt trailer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missis...e/151402474671
Old 01-15-2011, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure it'll be a while before anyone actually cuts with one, but I'm eager to hear about them.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought one yesterday and it is awesome. Very responsive. The price was $6599 plus tax. I mowed a small yard with it right after i got it and it did great. I think this will be a great addition to my company.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowandgo84 View Post
I just bought one yesterday and it is awesome. Very responsive. The price was $6599 plus tax. I mowed a small yard with it right after i got it and it did great. I think this will be a great addition to my company.
Is there not snow on the ground up in OK still?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

The high today was 78!!! the day befor was low 70s. Needless to say the snow is gone.