Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2011, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Member

its in the food watch FOOD INC.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 AM
LawnSite Member

One of my many favorites is a customer who purchased a foreclosed house and we were doing a full clean up of the yard and re-constructing the front flower beds and landscape. When I wrote up the estimate we walked the property and she told me it was fine to removal all of the overgrown bushes and roto-till the front of the house. So we cleared the entire bed and neatly raked the soil even. She came home screaming out of control in here driveway asking where her pear tree was. I just said what are you talking about? The was only one tree in that bed and it was a eucalyptus tree about 3ft tall. She insisted there was a pear tree there and I kindly explained it was not a pear tree and it would just take over the bed. She refused to stop screaming until I dug the tree out of the truck and showed her it was not a pear tree. She then tried to tell me she wanted me to get her a pear tree and put it in free of charge for the inconvenience. I just found that part funny!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted this back in the fall, I had a customer I was doing leaves for. The customer wanted the leaves mulched not bagged, I had mulched leaves in the open parts of the yard. Then I was blowing leaves out of the beds and from under trees so I could go back over them and mulch the rest of the leaves. The lady came out tapped my shoulder and said I wanted my leaves mulched not blown into piles, I tried to explain I was just getting them in the open so I can mulch them with my mower but she just never got it. I dropped her I dont need someone telling me how to do leaves at least wait till im done then complain if your not happy dont look at the job half way through.
Stihl
9mm
Old 01-20-2011, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
Had one that was moving and putting the house up for sale. I looked at the property when he wasn't home, and called to give him my estimate. We talked FOREVER. The guy told me his whole life story, said my extimate was fine, and would I rather he pay me directly until the house sold or let the realtor handle it, and when he was moving and the approximate date the place would need the first mowing.

A week or so later, I was close to the place, so dropped by to introduce myself. Guy acted like he didn't know who I was, so I told him I was the one who had given him a quote over the telephone the week before. He still acted totally confused, and finally told me that his realtor was handling all the stuff for the house and that he'd be glad to give them my card and quote. I finally just went back to my truck and left. I don't know if the guy was high or drunk when I talked to him or what, although he didn't sound like it, and he wasn't old, probably around 45. I'm still shaking my head over that one, but I am glad I went by, because I doubt I would have ever gotten paid if I had just started service like we agreed over the phone.
i had the same thing happen to me here in mn in 08. the guy was pharm. rep. said he was divorced now living with his young gf who had kids. i thought the guy would never shut up. sent the bills, sent the bills, sent the bills. finally someone else was mowing. so i was like what the f. so i call him. he doesnt know me, or remember telling me all his personal stuff. then said his realiter set things up. I said but you set stuff with me also and mowed x times. I fibbed him and said i had a signed contract from him. got a check 3 days later with a note attached saying he shouldnt be paying for something he never agreed to. sometimes i wonder how some people seem to exist they are so bone headed.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmark user View Post
Whats thw worst customer youve ever had or funny or ridiculous,
they things they said or did and your reactions.

Just makin some conversation and things to laugh at !
I passed out fliers stating $25 a cut or a 38 cut a yr plan $80 a month. Had a couple of ppl call an say thats $80 for the whole yr for 38 cuts? lol..
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had a customer answer the door in underwear only before. It sucked because it was a dude and he still didn't have my money.

I lost a customers phone number once and had to go by her house and get it. I got there and she said "Sweetie you could have just called me and got that". And she was a teacher, scary.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

the sadest thing thats ever happened to me. I just cut a yard, the lady next door came out. An older lady looked all there very nice. She asked if i worked for the guy that cuts her lawn. I said no. She said her dog died 2 yrs ago and was buried in the back yard and she could hear him barking..And asked if i would dig him up to make sure he was dead..I didnt..I talked to her lawn guy and she has got him to dig up and rebury the dog before. So sad. God please if i get like that take me. amen!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadRancher View Post
I had a customer answer the door in underwear only before. It sucked because it was a dude and he still didn't have my money.Posted via Mobile Device
Oh my gosh, this is EPICALLY funny!! This is one of the funniest things I have read on Lawnsite!! I'm sure it probably wasn't funny at the time, but..........

Sorry man, just ribbin ya. Still hilarious though......... I'm still laughing out loud, and my dog is looking at me funny since nobody else is home........

You're killin' me here!!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lol lol lol
Old 02-04-2011, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I also mow a yard and the clients have a one eyed Golden Lab in the back yard. One day I was going into the back yard and he shot out of the gate. I chased him about a half mile round trip, we both almost got hit by a car. I ended up getting him back in the front yard and throwing a stick into the backyard gate and he "retrieved" it. I should have thought of that first.

One other time I mowed the wrong yard. It was ayard my friend was cutting and he decided to stop in that area because he had lack of yards there. In the same subdivision there is a Woodgate Pl and a Woodgate Dr. I was supposed to be going to Woodgate Pl. but I didn't make it. I mowed the yard a lil old lady came out and said I wasn't the guy that normally cut. She said where is Ryan. I told her my name is Chris Ryan and I was the guy...... Then it sunk in I was at the wrong place. Not my proudest moment, but funny now looking back. She offered to pay and I told her no then she made me take it because it looked good.
RedMax Trimmer
RedMax Hedge Trimmers
5x8 tilt trailer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missis...e/151402474671