Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-02-2002, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

when to send out proposals?

I am going to try to get some commercial properties next season,I have a friend in management at a local Hardees,and he said they are unhappy with there current providers and he could probably get me on for the 2003 season.(15 locations). He told me what they basically wanted and told me to write up a proposal/bid sheet,and submit it around Feb. I have read on other posts companies like to handle this around fall before the new year.I am going to concentrate on restaurants,banks,and apartment complexes,and maybe some small warehouses. Would the best idea be to:call the company and set an appt. with the responsible person to meet with them,or just show up one day?The more I think about it,too early would be better than too late!Mid-November sounds like a good time. Thanks for any help,maybe next season will be better than this one.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

For commercial properties, get busy now. Some get their contracts set in time for budget writing which can be as early as October.
Old 09-03-2002, 02:57 AM

Lanelle is right. And if you see a particular property you want to service (at least from the looks of it, location, etc...), no harm in contacting them. I have been in situations where contacting them got their proposal acceptance date moved up (if you know what I mean...). Simple....call, find out who you need to deal with, write them a letter or ask to set up an appointment.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The thing they want to avoid is to have 1 Co plowing up to Dec 31, and then switch to another one right after Christmas.

They usually will sign on and let you start that year. (My experience)