Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

A must see! Probably the funniest/dumbest landscape idea ever seen or heard of!

I was hauling away some limb debris at a client's house & was asked if I had seen the oak "tree" next door growing out of the house? Huh, what...I went next door thinking a lil tree was growing out in a gutter (seen plenty of that!)...boy, this is about the funniest thing I have ever seen other people do

The oak is 20-25" in diameter. I climbed up on a dumpster out front & could see the home owner had squared off the roof around the tree, with shingles or built the roof around the tree in a square shape. Water runs off the roof to where the tree borders the roof. Homeowner has started to replace the front wall of home, not sure if its tree root related damage but surely, the oak roots are everywhere under this house. I only have one photo but will swing by again & take more! I cannot imagine an insurance company would knowingly insure such a house but who knows-anything is possible in Florida!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/463

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My wife runs a inspection department for a insurance company, I can tell you for sure that house would most likely be considered high risk and would have a premium to match.
I could never post here because it could get her in trouble for sharing photos of insureds home, but you see all kind of weird things on the photos from the inspectors. One home actually had a green house the property. Their was a photo of the exterior of the green house - the home owner refused to allow the agent into the green house to take a photo - makes you wonder what he was growing in there. Needless to say his policy was not renewed. Insurance companies dont play with the unknown.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

cant see anything from that picture
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnPropertyServices View Post
cant see anything from that picture
Look directly above the second 2x4 going left to right, you will see the trunk of the tree coming out of the roof.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Holy crap! They walled it into what used to be a porch. Those roman columns are a classy touch though. Somebody call Ty Pennington at extreme makeovers.
Posted via Mobile Device